ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best car ever made?

ITB BG 182
Yeah, the Cayenne was a spitting image of the '63 911.

If you get a picture of every 911 made since the 1963 version, there is very little change between them, even from a new age 911 to a cayenne some have the same features. Im not saying they all look exactly the same as that would be crap, yet they all share the same feature in one way or another.

If you get a picture of every 911 made since the 1963 version, there is very little change between them, even from a new age 911 to a cayenne some have the same features. Im not saying they all look exactly the same as that would be crap, yet they all share the same feature in one way or another.

Like having 4 wheels and steering wheel.

All car companies share "features" throughout their range. It's not a Porsche thing.

ITB BG 182
Like having 4 wheels and steering wheel.

All car companies share "features" throughout their range. It's not a Porsche thing.

No s**t really?? well F**k me backwards and call me Dave, I didnt know that....

Depends on how much you know the Porsche line, the visual aspects have pretty much followed each car right from '63. Some of the mechanical engineering of parts with the chasis, suspension, braking and all the other parts rather than design a completly new all together car they have just upgraded it and then changed the look slightly.

You name a car company thats been running since 1963 that has basically copied some thing from the first ever model and done it with success... Not many have.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had a Citroen C2 GT for a year in 2005. It had 13 warranty calls. It was nearly a new car by the time it had all the parts replaced.

A C2 is not a good car, trust me.

I had a GT for nearly a year, with the exception of a snapped spring it never broke down. My friend owned it for 2.5 years after me and had no issues at all.

Gregs was pretty bulletproof too iirc!

Still, the best car is obviously a slow BMW estate.

Williams 2
No s**t really?? well F**k me backwards and call me Dave, I didnt know that....

Depends on how much you know the Porsche line, the visual aspects have pretty much followed each car right from '63. Some of the mechanical engineering of parts with the chasis, suspension, braking and all the other parts rather than design a completly new all together car they have just upgraded it and then changed the look slightly.

You name a car company thats been running since 1963 that has basically copied some thing from the first ever model and done it with success... Not many have.

True.

The only other example I can think of a manufacturer doing the same thing is Land Rover with the original defender which came out in the 40's/50's

No one else has done it.

Renault Clio RS182
I'd have to go with a '71 Ford Pinto....."Built to a $2,000 base price, the subcompact Pinto lacks protection for its rear-mounted fuel tank. It earns a reputation as a fire-prone death trap and Ford pays out millions in judgments."

Sounds like a fun car to drive/be in :clown:

RB Clio 182
Imo the best car ever built is the 1st car ever built, because if that wasnt invented/built, there probably wouldnt have been another car built to compete :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lotus 7. Kicked the s**t out of everything else in the sixties, and has been continuing to do so (albeit with the name of Caterham now), 50 years later.

Still banned from competing against other cars FFS.

RB 182 Cup
Lotus 7. Kicked the s**t out of everything else in the sixties, and has been continuing to do so (albeit with the name of Caterham now), 50 years later.

Still banned from competing against other cars FFS.

Totally agree! In 4 years, 9 months and 24 days time (the day after I retire), I will be the owner of an R300.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Greatest car ever made yet most suggestions could be driven for about 5 minutes a year.

Surely you want the greatest car ever to work all the time?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I had to buy one car, for the rest of my life, it would be an AMG CLS.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Greatest car ever made yet most suggestions could be driven for about 5 minutes a year.

Surely you want the greatest car ever to work all the time?

Depends what you want for the greatest car ever made.

Perhaps by some peoples definition an ambulance would qualify. It works all year round helping to save lives, what more can you ask for?

IMHO the greatest car is defined by something other than the most practical car ever.

Couple of friends had them, one still does. Have you been in one?

I was impressed for a week then it was just a bit meh

Yeah my uncle used to own one. I was only young(ish) at the time but I loved everything about it. I imagine my views will have changed somewhat since but it's one of those "must own" cars for me.

RS6 C7
Aston martin DB5 (Aesthetics)
Ford focus (Family car)
Veyron (Technological marvel)
MK1 Cooper (cheap thrills)
Willis Jeep (Offroad)

So ye, Depends how you define "Best car"

RB 182
Without a shadow of a doubt.

1970853-peel.jpeg