ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Brakepads From Cold?

172 Cup
Hi guys
Might sound odd! But i am looking a brake setup that is really good from cold

The reason being is that i am building my car for hillclimbs and sprints and the set up i have at the moment takes a HUGE amount of time to get warm and useless untill they are! I'm not 100% on the set up i have at the moment(setup was on the car when i brought it) but i think i have Brembo HES grooved discs with some form of Ferodo Pad?
Heres a picture of the disc
737c7cfa-1d2f-469b-8c2d-9bb4ea1d1707_zpsruuv0fpf.jpg

So i suppose what i am asking is, Would standard pads on the same discs tick my boxes?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes they're Brembo HC Max discs Rob, if you send me a photo of the back of the pads I will be able to tell you what Ferodo Racing compound is fitted (if the part number are still visible) . The DS2500 work well from cold and people run them in sprint/hill climb cars

172 Cup
... I will be able to tell you what Ferodo Racing compound is fitted (if the part number are still visible) . The DS2500 work well from cold and people run them in sprint/hill climb cars
cheers George
would you not say that chances are that's what pads are fitted in at the moment? - bit of pointless question, i know!
guessing you couldn't tell from a picture of the pads inside the caliper? :tongueout:

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries Rob. Not if you're saying they don't work from cold, as I find them equivalent to oe when cold.
With the shims fitted it looks like its covering the part number in the above photo. You can try if you can get a close up and email me mate george@roadtrackraceparts.com

Clio 182
Always found the ds2500's to need a bit of heat to get them to really bite.....but my CL RC5+ are awesome from cold I have to say!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I used DS2500 and they worked fine from cold but better with a bit of heat (did not need much), I am trying RC6 now and they have so much more bite, first time I used them I braked for the first corner as I would with the DS2500 and I almost stopped had to release the brake early but they do f**k up your wheels.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I use Carbone Lorraine RC6 in my 172 hillclimb car best pad I've ever had, use them in all my race cars.

Rich

+1 on the CL RC5+ pads. I have been using them from my 2nd track day onwards, as well as hill climbs.

Use stock pads on the rear and it will be great for hill climbs.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Use stock pads on the rear and it will be great for hill climbs.

I forgot to mention that too for Hillclimbing only bother with the CL's in the front just a set of Mintex 1144 in the rear for a really nice balance.

Rich