ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best alpine headunit

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
What are people's thoughts on the best alpine headunit?

I know the xda 100 is the dogs but id like to keep the ability to use cd's.

any ideas??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
cd's ftl. 8track ftw.
64_impala_dash_8track_002_re.jpg

Mk2 172
The best headunit is the 9887R but depends what you want the unit to do. Yes the best IPOD unit is the x100 but the best CD unit is the 9887 :)

Tesla MP3 2021
I am loving my x100 as CD's are pointless in my opinion compaired to an Ipod connection..

Mk2 172
I am loving my x100 as CD's are pointless in my opinion compaired to an Ipod connection..

Hey mate. Glad ur likin the x100 i sent you :):) yeah the ipod is very good. I think the word your looking for is convenient. CD's are better in terms of sound etc but ipods are just so easy and much more usable in car :)

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

Hey mate. Glad ur likin the x100 i sent you :):) yeah the ipod is very good. I think the word your looking for is convenient. CD's are better in terms of sound etc but ipods are just so easy and much more usable in car :)

I have been hearing on a number of forums that if you use Apple Lossless in Itunes it will be just as good as CD. As the connection to 5th gen Ipod etc.. are now Digital. The only problem is that it takes up lot more space on ya Ipod. To which I have found with mine lol.

Mk2 172

I have been hearing on a number of forums that if you use Apple Lossless in Itunes it will be just as good as CD. As the connection to 5th gen Ipod etc.. are now Digital. The only problem is that it takes up lot more space on ya Ipod. To which I have found with mine lol.

Nope sorry. Youve been lied to. CD will still be better. Ok not by much but it will be. Trust me we have done more tests than u could ever imagine. Like i said before tho the ipod is convenient and easier and usin lossless the difference will be very minimal

BMW M135i
9887R all the way, the audio features alone put it far ahead of the X100 imo. And full speed ipod works as well as i've seen from the X100 as long as your not bothered about the albumart or direct usb connection. Although i'd be tempted with a double din unit the scoob.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
well got a x001 in the end as i got a wicked deal. The guy wanted a cheap stereo and ipod link for his daughter so i sold him my old alpine and i pod link cable ( the one with the big box). And he gave me the x001 and fitted it for £100.

Just got to get rid of my other alpine stereo and ipod link ( yes i had two and two links)