ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bending a rear subframe back

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys,

Is it possible to bend a rear subframe back into place whilst it's on a decent alignment system?

If so where would you bend it? My car has taken a knock and it looks like the rear wheel is pointing in from a bent rear beam/stub axle?

I'd get a new subframe but i'm really skint at the moment having to buy new wheels after the hit.

Quite hard to picture.

27016068883_24dd37c408_b.jpg
2016-06-12_05-04-27 by dann2707, on Flickr

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Would have to be a smack if the beam is bent. Chances are replace the stub axle and that will solve it. Get the car checked as is to see if the beam is ok

RB Clio 182
Change the stub axle mate, make sure you get a 182 one tho as they are 5mm longer thn the,172's iirc.

Get it on an a hunter system to see if its bent first tho.

Ph2 Meg 225
Speaking from experience on my old autograss mini, after having a smack and the subframe bent it was never the same again. We pulled it back and tried strengthening either side with metal plates but it just formed back to its Bent state again!

Not sure how strong Clio subframes are though so it might be okay, hope you get it sorted dan.