ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belts, Box, Clutch

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Hi

I need to get all the belts done within the next 1000.

My box crunches into 3rd so when I get the belts done and it’s all in bits I’m thinking about getting a recon box in with a new clutch n all.

I’ve been on the dog n bone to a local company called Gearbox man.

I was wondering if anyone on here has used them before?!?!?

If not, does anyone know of a good company within Yorkshire (Wakefield Leeds) who would be able to do my belts along with the box?

They have quoted me roughly a grand to fit and supply a recon box, clutch and change all the belts including parts, the box and clutch comes with a 24,000 mile / 2 year warranty.

Come on boys and girls help out a brother in need!

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
that's cheap IMO

make sure they've got the renault specific tools for doing the belt otherwise we'll have ANOTHER "my car feels slow after belt change" thread

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Yea that question has been put in the e-mail to them!

Cheers about the RS Murray, I will give them a buzz tomorrow or Monday for a quote.

RS Clio 172 Cup
Leeds transmission Services for Recon box and clutch. Paid £750 I had mine done there and top job. Dont think they do belts tho.

Clio 172 PH2 (Y Reg)
Hi

Right then I have just booked the car in for a few bits and bobs doing here goes.

Fully reconditioned gearbox

new clutch

ALL belts doing

and a new water pump

and fitting my new group N engine and gearbox mounts (already bought)

and for a total of £1122.12 including VAT all parts and labour.

Im getting the work done at http://www.cleckheaton-gearbox-centre.co.uk/

Can anyone else think of any other parts work I should get done whilst this lot if getting done?!?!

I thought about a lightened fly wheel but not going to bother, going to ask if they have any1 they use who could skim it.

Cheers