ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bell Insurance...

Integra Type-R DC2
Anyone got any experience with them? Had a very good quote on a new car and im just wondering if its to good to be true.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
yup, high excess. try elephant, same company really and excesses are lower.

i never claimed on anything whilst i was with them, so cant comment on that side.

In between cars....
Been with them a couple years, took the exra legal cover and dropped the excess, had a no fault claim with them and they were great

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Advantage with bell over the rest of the admiral group is you can get any other car cover for young drivers.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I'm with Bell, my excess is £300 inc. my voluntary, have 2 cars insured with them as of the 26th

335i - group 18 - £555
pug 306 hdi - low group - £189

cashback!

I do have 6 years NCD though

Nothing but good service in my experience.

koi

Audi S1
Bell were cheapest for me but never had to make a claim so don't know about that side of things.

Clio 172
Anyone got any experience with them? Had a very good quote on a new car and im just wondering if its to good to be true.

Been with bell for two years had no problem until i've just changed my insurance over getting the 172. was quoted £770 online but when my girlfriend (owner of car) rang to change over they stated the cost is £1600 mentioned trading standards to them and its sorted. still the cheapest we can get by online price.

Integra Type-R DC2
Cheers guys. Was just doing quotes and for some reason a DC2 Integra is only £1100, with a 182 costing £1300!

BG 182
only promlem i had was the customer service which was sh*t as they kept me waiting on the phone for an hour and then said you couldnt help. C*cks.

im going with direct line this year.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I phoned up t'other day to sort my new car out and add another for multicar and they were really helpful, no waiting around and even saved me a fair few quid, even with me being half way through my current policy

Clio 172
I phoned up t'other day to sort my new car out and add another for multicar and they were really helpful, no waiting around and even saved me a fair few quid, even with me being half way through my current policy

Hi have you tried doing a quote online with bell then compare it other the phone they always tell us more over the phone. :nono:

^^it really is shocking, i got a quote online for £1180, i phoned up to pay monthy and no joke they raised it to £1670, i was just shocked and when i asked why it had increased he said ' i couldnt get the same benefits as i way paying monthly'.

The bloke on the phone was the biggest c**k ever, so i went to their sister company Admiral and paid a slightly higher anual premium but customer service was much better

I would never even consider going with bell again even though they are alot cheaper then other insurers

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Hi have you tried doing a quote online with bell then compare it other the phone they always tell us more over the phone. :nono:

Aye their website said £680 and I got it for £555 on the phone which is damned good for group 18 i think :D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm with Bell too

£800 to insure my group 18 TT. Fully comp with all the extra's inc drive any other car 3rd party.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i'm gonna renew with bell. done an online quote called them upand they droppe dmy renewal to match, whci was about £300 they knocked off, which was about 200 cheape rthan any one else would quote or go down to. i'm a member of the c4 owners club and they have an arrangement with a broker who saved pretty much every member appart from me i told them howmuch bell offered and he told me to bit there arm off. as he couldnt get with in £200 of it. fully comp £480 with every extra on it. insured for 15k a year. all the men in my house are insured with them now.saved us all in total about £1000. what get mse is that they are the same company as admiral, elephant, churchill, diamond and several others but are so so much cheaper.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had a quote saved with bell that expires on wednesday, did a fresh quote with same details and it was £200 more, checked and double checked and they were identical so ive bought the one at the old price, finally going solo away from my mum's policy as she needs the bonus for her renewal due to losing her other bonus due to crashing last year. Best thing is no penalty charges for canceling the old policy with more than, just stop direct debit and thats it.

Anyway, on bonus accelerator, ive declared my mods, and at 19, tpft, no ncb it was £1150 with any other car cover, not bad at all, a good £600 cheaper than anywhere else and no one else will give me any other car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I had a quote saved with bell that expires on wednesday, did a fresh quote with same details and it was £200 more, checked and double checked and they were identical so ive bought the one at the old price, finally going solo away from my mum's policy as she needs the bonus for her renewal due to losing her other bonus due to crashing last year. Best thing is no penalty charges for canceling the old policy with more than, just stop direct debit and thats it.

Anyway, on bonus accelerator, ive declared my mods, and at 19, tpft, no ncb it was £1150 with any other car cover, not bad at all, a good £600 cheaper than anywhere else and no one else will give me any other car.

not bad? thats bloody extortionate imo. i paid £650 fully comp at 19 with no NCB. no mods though.

They are pretty worthless unless your staying with the company tbh. If you take it elsewhere most other places won't want to know as it's not actually a full year ncd.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How much!

At 19 with no ncb i was paying £700 fully comp on a 106 gti.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
They are pretty worthless unless your staying with the company tbh. If you take it elsewhere most other places won't want to know as it's not actually a full year ncd.

No the case. On your renewal (proof of no claims) sheet it just says 2 (or however many you have) No indication at all that it was earned on a bonus accel policy.

I've chopped and changed loads and no one has cared.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Dont understand why everyone else gets dirt cheap insurance but i just dont, none of my mates do either, my mate is paying £2500 on a corsa sxi. There is no way i can get insurance cheaper, ive tried phoning, online, going through my dads company with family discount and got no where.

^^ could be to do with your postcode mate, it's the same with me. i don't even live near anywhere that's considered 'rough' though :S

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^^ could be to do with your postcode mate, it's the same with me. i don't even live near anywhere that's considered 'rough' though :S
Think it is, i wont rant about postcodes again since ive already done it once on this forum and many times all around the net.