ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Before the Clio...

Renault Clio 172
Here are a couple of completed Pre Clio Projects ;)

6-2_zpsff09be05.jpg

7-1_zpsb54cc592.jpg

1-3_zps3384dfbf.jpg

and...

IMG_1718.jpg

24.jpg

282021_218634871513179_203894426320557_637424_287939_n.jpg

and finally...

IMG_3959.jpg

3 cars I miss for different reasons now back in French

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Always liked the 200' when I saw it at Leighton's. How come you got rid of it so soon?

Renault Clio 172
I remember being out on track with the 200. Can't remember what car I was in, but you let me past fairly quickly.

the reason I let you passed and the reason I got rid was reliability I lost 2 engines in 2 months due to jap reliability and drifting putting so much wear on the car! I have always been a hatchback man Loved my A1 and my GTI both ended up with a mag feature and such great cars to drive! thanks for all the nice comments :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
the reason I let you passed and the reason I got rid was reliability I lost 2 engines in 2 months due to jap reliability and drifting putting so much wear on the car! I have always been a hatchback man Loved my A1 and my GTI both ended up with a mag feature and such great cars to drive! thanks for all the nice comments :)

Care to explain? SR20's are pretty damn bomb proof.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Big end bearings on one (less than 100k) and the other one went in running fine and started drinking oil after a few week.

I'm a fan of the S20, but every 200sx owner I've known seem to have had troubles with the motors

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Big end bearings on one (less than 100k) and the other one went in running fine and started drinking oil after a few week.

I'm a fan of the S20, but every 200sx owner I've known seem to have had troubles with the motors

B/E tends to be fragile on the CA but not the SR. He's just been unlucky. As you know i've owned, have mates which still own and regular on the forums. It's not common.

Renault Clio 172
B/E tends to be fragile on the CA but not the SR. He's just been unlucky. As you know i've owned, have mates which still own and regular on the forums. It's not common.

sure thing Tom, I have the bottom end go then after a rebuild it went again still not sure of the cause but it was expense i decided to do without I really enjoyed drifting and still do but the wear it puts onto the cars and the key elements of it caused me to think again, i think its a great motorsport however trailers are recommended ;) have alot of mates who still run 200SX's for drifting and are still pouring money into keeping them running or working correctly (maybe i just got unlucky) it was a monster miss the power

Yeh I appreciated it, I hate getting stuck behind people who won't let a faster car past!

Renault Clio 172
Pro garage, is that in warmley? Sure I recognise it.

Yep pro-garage is in warmley thats where all my work has been carried out on all my cars always use the body shop there Restomod couldnt recommend better workmanship! and no leighton has no hair lmao!

Renault Clio 172
What did you lower it on ? I guess it's a sport petrol or diesel did you do much else

cars was fully featured in Audi Driver Magazine so full spec is on there website on back issues :) it was dropped on the first ever KW Coilovers for the car they used mine as development eibach spacers and antiroll bars, with 18inch 9J bbs CH's falken stretched tyre :) then it had forge re circulating blow off vaulve and front mount along with a TRD re map and miltek exhaust :)

cars was fully featured in Audi Driver Magazine so full spec is on there website on back issues :) it was dropped on the first ever KW Coilovers for the car they used mine as development eibach spacers and antiroll bars, with 18inch 9J bbs CH's falken stretched tyre :) then it had forge re circulating blow off vaulve and front mount along with a TRD re map and miltek exhaust :)

Which issue is it the 122bhp 1.4 ?