ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beeping When Locking

2004 AB 182
Hi guys, I'm just wondering sometimes when I lock the car I get 3 beeps and sometimes I get nothing, just wondering what this means? Everytime I check and the doors are both locked. Bit confused as to why sometimes it beeps and sometimes it doesn't.

Cheers.

2004 AB 182
Ok don't worry about this have done a search and found what it is. Can a mod please delete this thread.

Thanks.

ClioSport 172 Cup
nah, turned key too many times in the ignition before he locked it, this switches off the internal motion sensing units for the alarm. Beeps 3 times to tell you this.

Bumder With A Buffer
So how many times do you turn the key to get this to work then..I never knew that :eek:

Im guessing this is a way around locking the car with the windows down as well??

its nothing to do with how many times you turn the key.

the 3 beeps simply means the ECU is still receiving a signal from the ignition, so the alarm beeps to let you know it can't be set yet. It will set shortly after the beeps. There's a Renault fix for it you can get done at a dealer.

Saying that, I believe there's a way to disable the internal motion sensors.

Fiesta ST-2
its nothing to do with how many times you turn the key.

the 3 beeps simply means the ECU is still receiving a signal from the ignition, so the alarm beeps to let you know it can't be set yet. It will set shortly after the beeps. There's a Renault fix for it you can get done at a dealer.

Saying that, I believe there's a way to disable the internal motion sensors.

So the alarm is still armed with the three beeps just a little later?
So I dont have to wait an extra minute to lock the car or lock it then unlock and lock it lol

Mini Cooper S
I think I have this noise from fitting an aftermarket HU when I turn the ignition off. Don't know if that's relevant????

It is Dan, yeah. If I want to leave windows open, or wash the car;

-turn off ignition
-open door
-put key in ignition and turn to stage two and back again twice
-take key out
-close door and lock as normal.

Alarm will beep three times and lock. Means the internal sensors are off. Can be done for things like dog/children in the car as well.

Bumder With A Buffer
It is Dan, yeah. If I want to leave windows open, or wash the car;

-turn off ignition
-open door
-put key in ignition and turn to stage two and back again twice
-take key out
-close door and lock as normal.

Alarm will beep three times and lock. Means the internal sensors are off. Can be done for things like dog/children in the car as well.

Learn something every day! :)

Clio 182 2.0l sport
finally! i have found the answer.. mine was doing this too. and i didnt no if it was supposed to beep or not! it only did it randomly odd few times! but now i no y! thanx!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine beeps, has no set partern, pisses me off when trying to be stealthy at night.

Da

Less
The random beeps have nothing to do with disarming a sensor or two. As Dan correctly stated, the 3 random beeps are because you have switched off the ignition, closed the door and armed the car too quickly.

Close the door then take 2/3 steps away and then arm it. This will give the ECU time to register the car is off.

Same goes for disarming, if you disarm the car and open a door immediately this will trigger the alarm as the sensors will still be active. It needs a second or two to shut down.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats not true for me, mine just chooses randomly when to do it, i can shut the door, walk off, unlock my house front door, take my shoes off then lock it through the window, still does it.

Clio 182 2.0l sport
ye iv had the problem of opening the car too quick and the alarm goes off.. but wot do u expect.. its a lovely car i just wana get in and drive it! lol. as for locking it up quick too.. i dont want anyone gettin in it! lol.

Just the answers i was looking for after gettin less luck on renualt forum!

Da

Less
Three beeps is the interior sensors Scott. Might need the sensitivity turning down -

The interior sensors are very sensitive it depend how the sensors on the door pillars are connected. There are two wires to each one and if there connected one way round the sensitivity is 80% if you swap the wires round it's reduced to 20%. Many alarms are fitted so that the interior sensors are very sensitive so the fix done under warranty is to swap these wires round. If your cars out of warranty its probably already been done as the interior sensors are too sensitive to last 3yrs without any problems.

Glad we could be of assistance Emily :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well the car only did less than 10k in it's first 3 years, so i don't think it would have been done, is it a job i can do mysel? Won't mess up the alarm if i just swap them round?