ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been pondering this but i'm not sure.....

RS172 Flamer
i like it mate. im going to be fitting a 182 rear bumper and exhaust and wheels to a black ph1 172 which 99% of the forum will hate. but i like it

Are you purchasing the K-tec "182 look" exhaust for this? Just remember a standard 182 exhaust won't fit the 172's due to the spare tyre well

F56 MINI Cooper S
It was his idea, insulting his idea is insulting him. Just becuase it's not what you like doesn't make it wrong. You can form an opinion without bringing it across in such a manner. What's wrong with simply "I don't like it"? Or "It's not for me"? Other member managed to post elegant comments

This is CS. Full of big mouths

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
This is CS. Full of big mouths

It's also a forum where people share pictures and ask for opinions.

We give our opinions. OP's and new members often don't like them as it isn't what they want to hear, they want us all to say "That looks amazing, I love your car." so that they can then feel better about themselves and wasting their money on pointless mods.

When that doesn't happen and we say it looks s**t they get defensive, and then other members who have had similar threads go the same way when they shared their ideas chirp in and defend them. And so it goes on.

By the way OP, it does look s**t.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It was his idea, insulting his idea is insulting him. Just becuase it's not what you like doesn't make it wrong. You can form an opinion without bringing it across in such a manner. What's wrong with simply "I don't like it"? Or "It's not for me"? Other member managed to post elegant comments

Its basically saying the same thing. I just put it bluntly.

Iceberg 172 Cup
This is the inferno off eBay.
$%28KGrHqVHJDME90wT,HRiBPgbhkh8MQ%7E%7E60_3.jpg

This has got tints and smoked rear lights, no 182 surrounds and jap cans! this is really no where to close to how mine would look done with all the proper kit.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Well it was my mates car and it wasn't a cup then! If you look at his other threads it's in that and you see in there it's not a cup. But it has got a cup windscreen lol

intrigued on the windscreen?? ive noticed theres no sensor for the auto wipers kicking around....... why is this? cracked?

Iceberg 172 Cup
Hahaha.

You posted that in the OP. We gave you our opinions.

come on dude, theres opinions and 5 pages of garbage, i just asked for thoughts no to be thrown around in the middle of a b**ch fight.

i really need to sit down and re-educate myself on the;

CS Rule #1 - You shall not strife from either, a/ CUP Spoiler b/ Turini in anthracite c/ eibach sportline d/ CS Sticker.

CS Rule #2 - Dont break CS Rule #1.

CS Rule #3 - Any found breaking and even thinking about breaking CS Rule #2 / #3, will be seriously demoralised.

Personally I prefer the single exit or stealth look on the 172. The spacing on what you're going for is too far apart I think, it just doesn't look right.

I think the car looks good as it is :)

Iceberg 172 Cup
if its any consilation i also think it looks better with the single exit! i just wanted a few thoughts to back up what i was thinking anyway. definatly got that alright!

04 Monaco Blue 172
im not going to read every post because simply, life is just to short

but dude, its your exhaust and its your taste, dont modify a car to please everyone else

modify it to suit you and your personality

no need to make your car into somthing it isnt (182) just stuff the haters lol

not sure if it has been said already, but thats my tuppence

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
And how can people tell its not a cup????

From this photo
IMAG0099.jpg

Personally not my thing.
But if you're going to do it, get a 197 diffuser do a bumper chop too.

This.

Plus wouldn't it be a more efficient system if you do it to a 182? Surely there'll be more space due to the lack of a wheel well? I can't imagine much gases escaping out the driver side pipe.

It would definitely be a lot easier with a 182 and the lack of a wheel well. Seems like a lot of effort to go to considering it already looks pretty good tbh!

Still doesn't look that great IMO

exhaust.jpg

Last edited:

Weo

Doesn't look the worst, but I prefer the stealth look on 172's, also you had a 182, and now you own a 172? Surely when buying the 172 you might of thought the 182 looks better (rear end), no CS hate here btw.
If you really just sell your cars on that quickly, get a different car?

dude take it from a guy that gets alot of hate on his car.... do what you want :)

personally i think it looks good but thats probs because if it wernt for my wheel well i would have had a similar set up... (mine would have been a bit further apart)

but seriously mate it looks great either way.. maybe get some quotes and play around with the edit a little more and decide from there ;)