ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Been offered a MK2 clio cup race car

Schma Schme 1.6l
a friend of a friend has offered me a clio cup race car.

just had rebuild of gearbox, new diff and the engine is pukka.

its been used and did well in the championships, the current owner won the championship twice! its not raced since 05'.

comes complete with a large selection of spares inc wheels, shafts fluids, pads, discs.

anyone with knowledge like to comment on a value?

Schma Schme 1.6l
being converted to right hand drive is good, if you're a 'large' framed person, left hand drive is a big dis-advantage at most UK circuits!

Schma Schme 1.6l
ahhh, that makes sense! i thought that might be the case but the advert is somewhat mis-leading. still, a good piece of a kit, probably a bit over priced but not far off the mark.

Schma Schme 1.6l
the blue one is ex-bruntingthorpe car, never raced in clio cup, only used as cars for people to rag around brunters. they were all purchased by a guy who brought all 14 when brunters upgraded to the latest model clio, he was selling them on ebay for about 9K some 12 months ago. i got that info from a chap at a track day who'd purchased one himself from the chap via ebay, said it was the best trackday car him and his mate had ever had. so cheap to run and maintain, just doesn't go wrong.

i'd say the current owner of the one listed above got it from the ebay sale, issue is what has it been used for since. i think i'd rather have one that was raced in a proper clio-cup as you know if it was damaged it would of been repaired correctly. I maybe wrong! However, 10.5k for a genuine MK2 clio-cup racer is a good price! especially with history. AND clearly a good price considering it was probably purchased for about 9k!