ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC racing coilovers few questions

clio sport 200
First of all what’s the difference between the BR and the DR coilovers also what spring rate should I order. Thanks rich

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
BC DR have digressive pistons, and are better suited for track work.

I have just had a set of BC DR coilovers with solid top mounts fitted to my 172 track car, I went for 8kg fronts 8kg rears. coming from H&R coilovers they’re a lot stiffer (the rears especially). On flat smooth roads they feel very good, looking forward to using them on track next year.

clio sport 200
BC DR have digressive pistons, and are better suited for track work.

I have just had a set of BC DR coilovers with solid top mounts fitted to my 172 track car, I went for 8kg fronts 8kg rears. coming from H&R coilovers they’re a lot stiffer (the rears especially). On flat smooth roads they feel very good, looking forward to using them on track next year.
That’s for the speedy reply, mines only going to be a fast road car with 1/2 track days a year. So what would you recommend BR/DR also what spring rate. Thanks

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
That’s for the speedy reply, mines only going to be a fast road car with 1/2 track days a year. So what would you recommend BR/DR also what spring rate. Thanks

Go for the DR variant. I agree with James 7/8kg front 8kg rear. I am currently finding mine a lot harder than my old H&Rs. I have only done around 150 miles with them fitted so I presume they’re still bedding in.