ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BC Coilovers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep, I've got some and I was mega impressed with them for the price. There was a 200sx at Cadwell yesterday racing on them to and the driver said they were okay.

I have the track springs which see it sit nice amd ride very well. If you want a set PM me your cars details and I'll get you some with a bit of discount.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Why didn't he just soften up the dampers seeing as they have 30 settings? I've not abused mine on track since fitting them but I find them really compliant on the roads

They were set rather soft, still didn't rate them. This was years back now, when BC first started being heard of.

The spring rates were harder than the HSDs I had on the 200SX and RX7, utterly ridiculous for a little car like that!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Any idea what spring rates he had fitted Gaz as they offer three generic types but can do specific custom rates to (so I've been told)?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm not sure what the actual rates are on mine but I have the rears unshimmed set at 15/30 and the fronts at 10/30 (which is really soft) amd it gives such a nice ride on our amazing Derbyshire roads but I will see how they fair on track towards the end of September.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, I've got some and I was mega impressed with them for the price. There was a 200sx at Cadwell yesterday racing on them to and the driver said they were okay.

I have the track springs which see it sit nice amd ride very well. If you want a set PM me your cars details and I'll get you some with a bit of discount.

Mick
Thanks Mick. I won't be looking to get a set until next year after all the salt etc has come off the roads.

Keep me posted after you've had them on track :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Tbh I took a chance on them but ao far so good. I'll put some pics up soon as I need to start a project thread

Clio 172 phase 1
I looked at these after my mate fitted a set to his civic eg .. Never driven anything that handled so planted and flat on corners really rated them ... However I bought spax Rsx as I got them from work for £530 and haven't heard enough people running them on a clio to say they'd be good on it...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A few on RSMegane/MeganeSport have them to and have said good things about them. I also looked at the RSX but heard a few too many reports (not just on CS) of seal issues and Spax's customer service which scared me off. Even one reseller warned me off them for track use yet there are people who have them and love them.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be looking into a set next year. Look forward to see how they go on track Mick.

They're reasonably priced, monotube, have decent spring rates, damping adjustable and seem to last well (a friend has a set used daily on her Scoob UK300 for the past 2 years).

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think they've had some issues with the rears on the Meganes haven't they Dan?

R26-Rs
I think they've had some issues with the rears on the Meganes haven't they Dan?

Well the first set the adjuster was in a poor place. So I got a revised version. Someone ordered a set for the 225 and the rear is slightly different shape so that's being sorted ATM.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I heard someome sent an R26r setup to them and they ended up in Taiwan lol

May have to get these up forsale this week. Didn't realise there was so much interest in them.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Damn, that's brave of you and I hope you got a good discount for that.

I mentioned these on a thread mobths ago and got slated for mentioing, now everyone shows intrest... Jeez how times change and they all flock as usual lol

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I mentioned these on a thread mobths ago and got slated for mentioing, now everyone shows intrest... Jeez how times change and they all flock as usual lol

Didn't see it. And hardly everyone lol it's about four people.

You get a similar setup to the AST 1 for £300 less. What's not to like.....waiting to get shot down now for daring to compare them to ASTs :p

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They don't do topmounts for Renault applications although I've asked them to look into a roll centre kit for the X65

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Here's mine on the BC's today:

uploadfromtaptalk1378150024653.jpg