ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery problems help please

evo 9 gt
Hi everyone, fitted a small lightweight battery off eBay today, all was well till I over tightend one of the terminals, went to halfords to get a new terminal as i cracked old one, fitted new one, flat battery. Jumped it and left it on for a good 20 mins, all was fine for about 20 mins then car died. Had it on the charger, same happened. Seems like it doesn't want to charge? Maybe I didn't connect everything on the battery? Could someone point me in the right direction or maybe stick a photo up of your battery? Any help would be amazing I'm now without a car stuck in a layby!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What's the alternator doing (output wise) whilst the engine is/was running as it may not be a battery fault?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It varies depending on what consumers you have on but at idle I'd like to see a min of 13.8v to 14.4v

evo 9 gt
COMPACT LIGHTWEIGHT RACING BATTERY

JUST 5.3KG!!

SPACE SAVING SIZE 181x77x167mm

THIS IS A HUGE 10KG LIGHTER(approx) THAN A STANDARD 43AH BATTERY & AROUND 1/2 THE SIZE.

OTHER RACING BATTERIES AVAILABLE - PLEASE SEE MY SHOP ITEMS

This lightweight battery should provide enough power to start and run most 4cylinder engines in kit cars, sports 2000 Duratec, FF1600, FF2000, Formula Renault, Westfield, Caterham, Lotus Elise Challenge, Renault clio, race cars without alternetor up to 1600cc & race with alternator up to 3000cc.

SPEC:

Length - approx. 181mm

Width - approx. 77mm

Height - approx. 167mm

Weight - approx. 5.3Kg

Terminals - 12x12x1.2mm flat blade, 6mm diameter hole

Completely sealed Lead-Acid battery

Maintenance Free

PERFORMANCE @ 25°C:

Voltage - 12v

Capacity - 20Ah

Cranking current - approx 680Amps(5 secs)

The battery should be mounted in an upright position.

Designed for motorsport use.

PLEASE VIEW MY SHOP ITEMS

WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

Southern Ireland/Belguim/France/Germany/Luxembourg/Netherlands - £19.99

Austria/Denmark - £22.99

Czech Republic/Italy/Slovakia/Spain - £27.99

Estonia/Finland/Hungary/Poland/Portugal/Slovenia/Sweden - £34.99

Bulgaria/Greece/Latvia/Lithuania/Romania - £44.99

Rest of Europe - Please ask

Rest of World - Please ask

PLEASE NOTE ITEM & POSTAGE PRICES INCLUDE VAT. (items cannot be sold or posted without VAT)

POSTAGE PRICES ALSO INCLUDE PACKING/MATERIALS & OTHER COSTS(franking, mail collection service etc)

ph2 Clio 172
get a lend of a proper battery and check to see if it does the same thing, id never have a racing battery, when they go flat arent you ment to charge them for 24hrs or something, you cant quick charge them like a normal battery. sappose to wreck the altenator to, i dont know the ins and outs of them but thats what ive been told.

evo 9 gt
cheers mate, that'd also make sense as its only been boosted off a charger for 5 mins. got a new battery to put on tomorrow, id like to keep it a small one as ive changed all the terminals now n it'll be a right game to change it all now fingers crossed its just the battery then and not alternator related