ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery/Immobiliser Probs on 172

Dear All

I have a Y reg 172 and having quite a few problems with the battery,it seems to really get drained overnight,resulting in not starting in the morning.

Anyway i have bought a new battery yesterday a,cant remember the name but it is a heavy duty one.

Using the car last night a couple of times the car started over then cut out,at first i thought it might be the new battery but the immobiliser started flashing,anyway i got it to work.

Then late last night the engine seemed to start over then cut out with the immobiliser flasing which cut the engine out.

Can anyone give me any help,can i switch the immobiliser off,when fitting a new battery does it usually knacker the immo and then have to get it reset?

The central locking still works,its just the immobiliser doesnt seem to let the engine start,and the only thing i have done is get a new better battery for it.

Any help would be much appreciated has i am stuck.

Ian

Ford Fiesta

i would have thought it should not do anything to your security system when changing your battery.

after all renault disconnect it sometimes when they are doing work.

Hello Again

So what would Renault do with the immobiliser,would they have to reset it along with my two key fobs,has anyone else had this done,and how much do they charge?

Also do Renault have a breakdown service where they would take me and the car down to the garage?

Anyone help greatly recieved.

Ian

Ford Fiesta

how old is your car, if its in the 3 years then it will have AA cover if its a UK dealer car.

sounds like you need it looking at.

clio 172 MKII

try turning the key 2-3 times while in the egnition and holding the button on the fob down - should reset it for you