ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battery change

Bit of a newby queston this but here goes...

I need to change my battery and am concerned with what is gonna happen when the power goes off! In terms of physically switching it over I can't see a problem - It all looks fairly straightforward and it's not like I haven't done this before on older cars.

What concerns me is the increased level of electrickery going on with this car. Am I to expect any problems with the likes of the immobiliser or alarm? Any computers likely to go haywire when temporarily starved of power?

I'm guessing the stereo will need a code inputting and that's it. Just not 100% sure!

Vauxhall Frontera
Hi Mike

You'll need the Stereo code. If you don't there is a thread on the forum about getting the code, cheaper than going through a main dealer!

I've not changed the battery in my Clio but i used to have an Alfa, I changed that and they have notoriously bad electrics. I personally never had any problems apart from the alarm sounding on connection which simply deactivated when i pressed the button on the keyfob.

I hope thats helpful, just don't blame me if something does go wrong!!

Si

1.6 Ford Focus
Apart from the radio and clock everything else will be fine, I just disconnected my battery on my Ph1 and other than that everything worked fine.

Oh and FYI: If you go to Costco the Bosch battery they have in the book for the 2L Clio is wrong - It's too big.

Took me a while to realise why it was such hard work getting the b*****d in!

Had mine replaced by the RAC back in July and then again this weekend as it was a dud.

No problems at all. When locking the car though it 'unlocked' and beeped continuously. Locked it again and it was fine.

Should be problem free.