ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Balljoint: how much over there?

Megane RS 250
I think i'm going to replace the ball joints when i'm fitting eibach springs and renewed/shortened shocks, the cars is knocking when turning the steering wheel at low speed and standing still.
How much are them? Do you think I should change something else (ARB bushes? Top mounts?)

Car is a 2002 172 with 50k miles.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
put some cash aside and get the AST solid top mounts. if you have problems with the bushes you may also have to replace the lower arms bushes. If that's the case I suggest buying 2 new lower arms which came with new bushes and balljoints installed. about 80 euro's per arm (in my country at least).
my advice is not to mess with the dampers, either get a fresh set of standard ones or some koni/apex combined with uprated springs. better do the job later but do it right, this is how I see it
cheers!

tiTTy & SV650
I had very slight play in the track rods which caused a knock, it's now gone and the car is tight again