ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Balancing wheels (Pics included)...

A few
Ive just purchased a new set of wheels and 1 seems to have the balancing done on the back of the wheel and the other has been balanced on the front of the wheel (if you get me).

I know these are to balance the wheels etc, but can anyone tell me why they have the balance on front of the wheel instead of the back? (on previous sets of wheels, the balancing as been done on the back of the wheel).

Here are the pictures:

Balanced on the front:

wheel1c.jpg

Balanced on the back:

wheel2k.jpg

Help would be much appreciated, Many thanks.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Just take them to a garage to get them re-balanced and they will use metal strips, some garages use those clip ones as they are easily removed, and some use the strips which i think are permanent fix, unless you proper jackhammer them off

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1) Take them back and get them to fit sticky weights inside the wheels. Bang on weights look terrible and damage your rims!

2) perfectly normal to have them balanced front and back. Just depends which side needs the weights to balance them.

A few
Thanks for the replys guys. I assume the tyre shop will know which side to balance the wheels then? :cool:. So would I just ask for the "sticky weights" that go on the inside of the wheel? will they understand what I mean haha. Going to get new tyres fitted to these tomorro.