ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Badly worn alcantara

Golf GTI
Hey guys

The alcantara on my drivers seat is really worn. I've taken to it with a razor and tidied it up a little, but it still looks really ordinary. It seems to be a lot worse than others. Other than buying a new seat, has anyone had the alcantara re-trimmed? Just thinking what my options are and if any aren't too expensive! Buying a new seat is out of the question as I'd be looking at huge $$ thanks to Renault Australia. Does anyone know if the seat covers alone can be bought?

Cheers

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you really tried with thw razor or did you just have a quick go?

I stuck at mine for ages and it really did help alot. 100% better after it!

Williams 2
Hey guys

The alcantara on my drivers seat is really worn. I've taken to it with a razor and tidied it up a little, but it still looks really ordinary. It seems to be a lot worse than others. Other than buying a new seat, has anyone had the alcantara re-trimmed? Just thinking what my options are and if any aren't too expensive! Buying a new seat is out of the question as I'd be looking at huge $$ thanks to Renault Australia. Does anyone know if the seat covers alone can be bought?

Cheers

Get a disposable razor, give it a good shave (dont use any shaving cream!) then get a suede brush or similar and give it a good scrub with interior cleaner.

jobs a good'un!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im not being funny but use a good razor not a disposable one. Also use a hoover to unblock the razor after you've shaved the seat.

Williams 2
Im not being funny but use a good razor not a disposable one. Also use a hoover to unblock the razor after you've shaved the seat.

A 'good' razor is better than a disposable razor how???

And dont use a hoover to unblock the razor, because it probably wont unblock it.

your better off running your finger opposite the cutting direction of the blades to pull the s**t out, or just buy a pack of disposables and chuck them when they get clogged up!

And dont use a hoover to unblock the razor, because it probably wont unblock it.

your better off running your finger opposite the cutting direction of the blades to pull the s**t out, or just buy a pack of disposables and chuck them when they get clogged up!

Sharper.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Sharper.

would you recommend a gilette mach 3 instead?

Something more premium than a disposable. I used to have to shave the bobbles off my jumper and you could always tell who had used cheap razors as they came in with big holes or runs in their jumpers LOL.

Williams 2
OP, in seriousness I recommend a disposable razor as it much less likely to damage the material, and you can go over the same patch multiple times without risking taking too much off or cutting through.

if the alcantara still looks tired after shaving and a good scrub with a suede brush you could also try some suede/alcantara dye after you have got all the shitty 'bobbles' off, that will make a big difference.

getting it re-trimmed will be more money than its worth

Williams 2
Something more premium than a disposable. I used to have to shave the bobbles off my jumper and you could always tell who had used cheap razors as they came in with big holes or runs in their jumpers LOL.

Thats a great case for using premium razors you've put forward there

Just be careful with it, don't end up shaving a bit of your fake leather with your shite aim. Not that I did that or anything. :eek: