ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Backbox keeps coming out of rear hanger, Any Ideas??

Track 172 Cup
Any ideas how to secure it? I only refitted it back in last night went for a spin today now battery is recharged to see how it was going as its been sat for a few weeks. I unbolted the mount slipped the hanger back in and bolted up and it came out again. Any ideas would be helpful even if I managed to get it back in the hanger I cant remember if there is enough that sticks out the back to get anything over it or drill a hole through the exhaust hanger to put a split pin in (if you get what I mean) I notice the hanger I have has been 'modified' I seen when looking through some old threads on the matter its common.

Exhaust Hangar.jpg

Track 172 Cup
Was looking at the hangers as they are only a few quid on ebay just wasn't sure if that was the problem tbh. Don't wanna buy a new hanger and it keeps slipping out.

Track 172 Cup
Couldn't tell you @Phase1sr I would have to ask @Chi who I bought the car from. They look standard from what I could tell (from memory) when I've been taking battery out and changing headlight bulbs nothing has stood out too me and they are just plain black.

Track 172 Cup
:( track day on the 27th Jan and the 3rd Feb. Best and quickest way to have these done? and are they expensive

turbo 182
Looks like the exgaust hanger is filled with tiger seal so it's solid? Open bonnet and pull on the engine see if you get much movement? Or get someone to rev the car as you watch for engine movement, a good way to check if the dogbone mounts in good condtion or buggered is to put it in 4th while driving give it some stick then let off the throttle, if there is a lot of movement as you let off it needs replacing

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
For now you could replace the bog bone bushes with some powerflex item's.
It's a common up grade. Engine and gearbox mounts are expensive if you replace them for ktec one's. Around £200.

Track 172 Cup
Yeah its solid filled with I assume tiger seal.. I'll call up to my dads where I leave the car and try and give the engine a wobble or take it out for a spin and try the 4th gear thing. Is that £200 inc fitting or is that plus fitting? Is it a job I could do myself with limited spanner experience. I don't mind having them if it needs it. Its a track toy not a daily so not fussed if I have to leave it somewhere to get done.

Thanks for the help too guys really appreciate it.

Track 172 Cup
cheers dann (lol at the drawing :p) and do you know what size nut the thread takes? (actually its a powerflow back box so may not have it i'll have to check)

Track 172 Cup
Thanks Chi, I did call up my dads and try and rock the engine didn't budge. Found a bolt that screws into the end of the bracket on the back box so gonna try that. :)

Happy Days anyway.

PH2 172
The metal prong that slides into the mount has a tapped thread that requires a bolt through it to hold it to the hanger. Looks like you're missing that.

IYQtapH.jpg
Could be wrong,but it looks like the 5mm bolt and washer are present,but haven`t been removed to fit spigot through hanger rubber?
Adjust everything so there is no preload on the rubber hanger.