ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back in the game!

172cup
Ok I was gonna wait till Sat (when I pick her up) before posting anything, but I cant help it!!
After more than a month spent looking for the right one, i just put a deposit on a cup, always wanted one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4219150.htm

I was after something cool and cheap for track fun and my choice fell on another clio
happy :D

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
very nice...

Are you sure though- you are the 11th owner....... - just pointing that out as value wise its circa 2k

do want you spending loads !

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Wouldn't worry about cars like this having a few owners, it happens all the time, people buy it and don't keep it a great deal of time, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it...
Never understand why people worry so much about that, it can be perfectly innocent, if it's got full history, had decent levels of maintenance and is in good condition, that's all that matters IMHO.
I think with low miles, quality tyres, nice colour, Cam belt just done with dephaser etc, it's a cracking little car!
Hope you enjoy it mate!

172cup
I think with low miles, quality tyres, nice colour, Cam belt just done with dephaser etc, it's a cracking little car!
Hope you enjoy it mate!

yeah those were my priorities and jesus itsnt very easy to find one in this condition!
11th.........Jeez havent paid attention about that but the car looks so great

very nice...

Are you sure though- you are the 11th owner....... - just pointing that out as value wise its circa 2k

do want you spending loads !

thanks S!
Btw I'm not paying 3k but its tough to find something like this for 2k!!!
I sold my old 182 for 5k and the market value was about 3k, I think sometime you have to pay a little extra for a looked after example
still...........11th owner thats scary............

172cup
Im meeting the guy tomorrow for a test drive and possibly pay the rest and drive away
I'm gonna say him I dint notice th ehuge number of previous owner and leave to him if he wants to adjust the price accordingly
I wont be haggling though, everything is set by now, its just up to me to say yes or no

172cup
we came to a deal for 2450+50 deposit
and I honestly think its a fair price, I saw loads of cups so far
there re people out there asking 2800 for cups with 85k miles and part service history!!
last one I saw was up for £3k with no service history, 35k miles, 4 owners, 1 key, body work was in an absolute poor state and he wouldnt haggle on the price at all

M135i and the shed
Never understand the obsession with owner numbers. For instance, my old 225 Cup was originally owned by Renault, then it went to Harrogate Renault as a demo and then onto Hull Renault as the sales manager moved and it was his car. In total I was the 4th owner and the car was only 10 month old. Was I concerned? Not really.

Sometimes frequent changes of owner can mean the car is actually over-maintained as new owners tend to sort all the little jobs that need doing when they buy a new car. If the car is solid and the service history honest then I wouldn't worry.

172cup
Addictive little s**tboxes, aren't they!?

haha they really are!!

lol that s the one i was talking about!! 35k with part SH and just stamps,every mot comes with loads of advisories, only 1 key, kumoh tyres, service book with 3 stamps an oil change once in a blue moon.
I dunno how he got the paint work to look like that in those pics, 5-6 dings at least, the rear bumper has bad scuffs and deep scratches, needs a respray and theres some rust bubbling near the roof :S
I'll shut up now.

172cup
I went there this morning, little test drive around the block, car seemed fine except for the exhaust hanger being totally worn, gave him the cash and drove away well happy
as soon as i get on a country lane and build up the revs while changing gears the car makes a grindind noise, then i put my foot down and the noise coming from the gearbox is absolutly awful i thought it was gonna blow up or something
Straight back to the guy, I take him for a proper drive to show him the problem, he says he wasnt aware of it and offers me 100 pounds discount then I tell him i want the money back as Im not buying a car with a f**ked gearbox on my birthday, he seconds that
back to square one!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I went there this morning, little test drive around the block, car seemed fine except for the exhaust hanger being totally worn, gave him the cash and drove away well happy
as soon as i get on a country lane and build up the revs while changing gears the car makes a grindind noise, then i put my foot down and the noise coming from the gearbox is absolutly awful i thought it was gonna blow up or something
Straight back to the guy, I take him for a proper drive to show him the problem, he says he wasnt aware of it and offers me 100 pounds discount then I tell him i want the money back as Im not buying a car with a f**ked gearbox on my birthday, he seconds that
back to square one!

i bet he knew about that problem and reason he was trying to flog it on.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
back to square one!

Wtf! Trying it on the robbin b#stard! Glad you took it back mate, good luck hunting for another, hope it's a better one!

172 Cup,
back to square one!

Maybe this is the reason for high number of owners??

Evo 8 MR
To believe this guy was asking top money for it aswell. Mental!

Surprised he gave you your money back so easily though, he could've just accused you of giving it death to cause the fault.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Should always give a car a good 20-30min test drive, with a little motorway sprint involved

172cup
Maybe this is the reason for high number of owners??

yes it think so :(

To believe this guy was asking top money for it aswell. Mental!

Surprised he gave you your money back so easily though, he could've just accused you of giving it death to cause the fault.

true but maybe it was a clear sign he knew it was damaged.
I got back and said mate the car s fucked im not taking it, he said OK

what s weird s that he needed a quick sale but wouldnt go down in price
plus the car s still on PH.......

172cup
he wanted 25 to get a new V5 from the dvla and I agreed even if his fault cost me 80 quid, the train to get there and back home

and he f**king ruined my birthday!

DB.

BMW 440i
Just see yourself as lucky that you realised when you did.

Much better ruining your day, rather than months of agro and much higher cost!

172cup
yes you re right, its frustrating
thats the 3rd example of dodgy cup advertised as good/great example
the owner are all registered on cliosport but they wouldn't advertise the car on here, no wonder why!!
Im learning a lesson here

172cup
seriously I think that's what im gonna do!
i was trying to get one between 30-50k miles but they re as thrashed as any other
I might go just for a higher mileage one and bring it straight to BTM

172 Cup
..or just take it for a proper test drive next time? I got mine on Ebay - waited for the auction to end with no bidders as it was over-priced. Fired in with an offer once the auction finished and did the deal outside Ebay for lots less than the reserve was to start with.