ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back end stepping out

clio sport 182
Following on from a recent fault i reported on here ive had the chance to check every thing out this weekend regarding the back end stepping out breifly if i hit a bump on a corner,
the shockers are like brand new with no evidence of oil seeping from them and the tyres are both only a few months old with loads of tread left and correctly pressured, the only thing i found was slight play in the top mounts of the shockers (inside the boot) and if you grip the shockers and twist them there is movement in the bottom mounts also, would this be the fault and if so what can be done to solve it as there is nothing wrong else where, there is no move ment or wear any wear, would a rear strut brace cure it as both sides would move at the same time and compensate the movement of the other side if the shockers were braced

audi a6 3.0tdi
it maybe worth just checking the dampers by jacking it up in the centre of the rear beam and undoing the two lower bolts on the rear shocks. if one has gone it will push up with no effort at all. the symtoms you are describing are the same as when one of my rear dampers failed. It'll not take long to do and its better than just doing a visual check. also just go over all the bolts checking they are tight.

also is the car stripped out? if it is that can ake the backend twitchy.

clio sport 182
checked the pressures again today, the back ones are 31 and fronts 32 all approx as the guage i was using is a bit old, the tyres are exaltos and are nearly new and the car isnt stripped out in any way.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd normally run a 2psi difference or more if back end is stripped. I find even small differences make quite a difference in handling for me.

ITB BG 182
i do 30 on the front and 28 on the back.
I used to do 32 alround an found it stepping alot but ive also found recently that one shock for some reason had no oil in it.

Golf GTD Mk7
Following on from a recent fault i reported on here ive had the chance to check every thing out this weekend regarding the back end stepping out breifly if i hit a bump on a corner,
the shockers are like brand new with no evidence of oil seeping from them and the tyres are both only a few months old with loads of tread left and correctly pressured, the only thing i found was slight play in the top mounts of the shockers (inside the boot) and if you grip the shockers and twist them there is movement in the bottom mounts also, would this be the fault and if so what can be done to solve it as there is nothing wrong else where, there is no move ment or wear any wear, would a rear strut brace cure it as both sides would move at the same time and compensate the movement of the other side if the shockers were braced

Any car will do this. the lighter the worse it will be. also depends how fast you're going. also if you have been using tyre gel that might also cause it.

clio sport 182
ill try letting pressure out tomorrow and see if it makes a difference, ill go for 29 on rear and 30 on front and go from there

Titanium Clio 182
mine does this and always has, especially coming off the M40 into Warwick services, there is a strip of resurfacing which has sunk and is about 2cm lower than the road surface.