ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

back after 3 years

soon to be 182 ;)
We'll it's been around 3 years since I first signed up on cluo sport not sure if anyone will remember me but hello again, since I have had 2 Vauxhall astras, the second I still own, I am now currently debating breaking it and buying a 182 now I have a few years no claims and can afford to insure a sport. The big thing that's stopping me is I love my Astra and don't know if I can bring myself to part with it, and secondly the point of this thread are sports reliable as a daily? What are the main faults and what should I look for, I will have a 3-4k budget and would be looking for a 05-55 plate and under 60k miles, I would love a liquid yellow, racing blue or inferno orange come on guys help me decide :)

Pic of my Astra May interest some of you?
1012618_4974127075802_918467748_n.jpg

430058_4960263049210_1103843300_n.jpg

Fiesta ST2 MP215
most people on here use it a daily, I do. TBh VX aint the most reliable, I had nothing but aggro with mine, particularly with oil leaks on the rocker covers / cam covers, pissed it out all the time, then sensors used to brake and set into limp mode, generally hated them all after a while. Most people here hate VX too.

But 182 is a good daily, does 35MPG ( fact now haven't reset it for last 1k miles ) and not much does go wrong tbh, much better to drive too, parts are relatively cheap.

An LY you will struggle to get hold of, but RB's and inferno's are readily available although will have pov spec interior being a cup, if you like to mod get a regular one, coilovers are much easier to get hold of, all that's missing then it a Cup spoiler which is £100 2nd hand, most splitters will be rotten by now anyway and diff color wheels, that's about it.

Civic Type R FN2
Before I had the Clio I had an Astra Coupe in Europa blue, real good looking car. Had it for 3 years and never gave me any problems! Apart from getting it MOT'd last month and the cat decided to collapse. Came to quite a bill! It'll be ready for sale soon...

You'll love the clio - the ones to get (in my opinion) has to be either a 172 Cup (either colour) or a 182 FF (Liquid yellow!). If you go for a Cup just get used to doing without aircon and cruise.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Thought the Cup was only in RB and Inferno? I certainly never sold any at Renault back in the day in this color as standard 182's was 2004 I worked there.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Having owned an Astra in the past I find the Clio of the same age has more toys and nicer interior.

Although the mpg I got with the 1.7 dti was great and it was the estate with a towbar so it was a proper work horse.

If its for a daily I'd get the 182FF

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Maybe that's why they went bust, all I cared for was selling an Espace, earned over £150 a motor, clios paid next to nothing.

Still I have never actually seen an RB or Inferno in the Standard or FF versions only actual Cups.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
loads of FF RB 182's on the forum, I see one every morning when I look on my drive ;)

Ibiza FR Edition
Maybe that's why they went bust, all I cared for was selling an Espace, earned over £150 a motor, clios paid next to nothing.

Still I have never actually seen an RB or Inferno in the Standard or FF versions only actual Cups.

I've got a FF RB 182, from the heritage site looks like a fairly similar number of registrations for cup and FF versions

soon to be 182 ;)
Jd you missed me then ;) surprised your all still about, I never bought the fiat in the end, and in the last 2 year's I've gained a lot of knowledge since when I had my old clio put it this way if I knew then what I knew now I would have kept my Clio but hey ho live and learn. I would ideally be looking for a ff 182 in inferno then if ly is gonna be hard to find. As I would like the half leathers and cruise and ac etc

What is the going rate on Cambelt and diffuser pulley now?

soon to be 182 ;)
I've come a long way in the detailing department too :) Will post a pic of my current selection when I get a chance :)