ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B3NCHYS SILVER MK3 PROGRESS THREAD!

2012 Clio 1.2
Hi everyone. long time since ive been on here tbh. decided as Ive started to do a few mods that id start my own progress thread. please feel free to comment and give me your input but remember to play nice!! :D

So I bought the car in November 2012. Its a mk3 tomtom dynamique 1.1 ltr petrol. (insurance is gay!)

May not all be in the correct order but heres a few of the mods ive done so far:

tinted rear lights:
DSC00063_zpsa0ebea34.jpg

wrapped the interior trims:
DSC00061_zpse34660c1.jpg

Coloured the badges etc (took 3/4 attempts to choose the final colour)

Also decided to install HIDs. was a proper pain in the royal ass!!! have to dissasseble most of the car!!
DSC00054_zps8c22c505.jpg

DSC00053_zpsc6e346d4.jpg

looks good when in though
DSC00056_zps13b7db15.jpg

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Looking good so far mate! Where did you get the coils, they brand new or used ? Gonna be keeping an eye out for a set after payday! Mines is only lowered by 45mm on springs but dying to go lower. Any further plans for it ?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
A nice start but a couple of things, first those are reflector headlights aren't they? Isn't that dangerous putting HIDs in them as they dazzle other drivers?

Secondly, is your scuttle panel and top mount covers missing? Guessing you just took them off for the pic! Don't forget to clean out those drains while you're there!

2012 Clio 1.2
hiya, theyre £500 from demon tweeks 'moffox' been a royal piss around tbh. the springs pictured are wrong sent them bak to be sent the wrong set again so the cars been sat on axle stands on the drive for about 2 weeks now.

ethan the trims all off cus im half way through the coils fitting. The HIDs come in 2 versions theres the basic ones and the set I got come with stickers on them basically that stop the light flaring. don't hae any problems with them at all. never had a complaint and have had them aligned so they should be ok.

hate badly fitted hids!!! proper annoying arnt they.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
hiya, theyre £500 from demon tweeks 'moffox' been a royal piss around tbh. the springs pictured are wrong sent them bak to be sent the wrong set again so the cars been sat on axle stands on the drive for about 2 weeks now.

That sounds like a ball ache mate, after spending that kinda dosh you just want them on lol! I spotted a sec second hand for £320 and if I hadn't just blew all my cashish on new alloys if have been all over them :( Anyway, looking good mate! Minus the HID kit in reflector head lights! Remember and remove em for MOT ;)

2012 Clio 1.2
ye theyre litteraly just like little silver strips on the actual bulbs. means the bulbs give a much cleaner light pattern not perfect but once they were aligned theyre fine. planning to get a set of projectors eventualy but atm I preffure the look of the standards tbh. many of the after markets seem to include halos and leds all over the place! :D

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Never heard of the stickers thing tbh, if they work then fair enough but still projectors would be the best way to go

Possibly similar to when you take a car abroad. You can buy stickers to put on your headlights to deflect the beams to accommodate driving on the left.

Not sure on the blue and silver theme personally. Also think that the whole interior should match instead of being half blue and half black.

2012 Clio 1.2
Possibly similar to when you take a car abroad. You can buy stickers to put on your headlights to deflect the beams to accommodate driving on the left.

Not sure on the blue and silver theme personally. Also think that the whole interior should match instead of being half blue and half black.

I like the blue much more now its lighter then it used to be. The interior Im still trying to decide what to do. not over keen on spraying it incase I want to resell the car but vinyl wrapping the centre console will be a pain in the but!!! considering a plastidip or similar or jut going back to the bl

Future plans:
*Second head unit in glovebox
*uprated speakers all round inc subwoofer
*New wheels
*underside of bonnet design
(maybe go back to standard lights or look for after market led versions)
*window tints all round

+more

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I like the blue much more now its lighter then it used to be. The interior Im still trying to decide what to do. not over keen on spraying it incase I want to resell the car but vinyl wrapping the centre console will be a pain in the but!!! considering a plastidip or similar or jut going back to the bl

Future plans:
*Second head unit in glovebox
*uprated speakers all round inc subwoofer
*New wheels
*underside of bonnet design
(maybe go back to standard lights or look for after market led versions)
*window tints all round

+more

A second head unit? Why would you want a second one?

2012 Clio 1.2
You can see the glare from the lights on the wall and by just looking at them in the picture.

They are not legal, stop dazzling people. Get projectors.

that was before id had them aligned and set up! and the left bulb in that pic had come loose so was pointing at the sky lol

2012 Clio 1.2
second head unit because I cant run rca for amp etc of stock and don't wanna loose the satnav and bt etc from stock unit

that was before id had them aligned and set up! and the left bulb in that pic had come loose so was pointing at the sky lol

Show us...

I'm not being rude btw. I just think it's very ignorant and rude to drive around with lights that dazzle others, it's very dangerous and uncomfortable.

What people don't realise is, you can't set up hid bulbs in reflective housings correctly.
The light that is emitted by a halogen bulb that does go astray doesn't matter too much and pass regulation checks and standards. Because they aren't bright enough to dazzle people (I mean the odd stray faint beams, aka glare...).
However, that odd stray faint beam and glare is upto 3-4 times brighter with HID bulbs!

Meaning the little glaring glow has turned into a sharp, bright dazzle.

HIDs in projectors look the bomb, with a nice clean cutoff line.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Was a nice car as standard. Proper Mc Donalds weapon now. Congrats.

Oh yea, its a well known fact that ONLY bellends drive around with HID's in non projector lamps.

2012 Clio 1.2
Was a nice car as standard. Proper Mc Donalds weapon now. Congrats.

Oh yea, its a well known fact that ONLY bellends drive around with HID's in non projector lamps.

really any any need to be a dick? There's an old saying 'if you've nothing nice to say don't say anything'

anyway...... Coils on looking much better now it's down!!

Clio mk3
Not a fan on the that colour blue,I love those alloys wanted to get a set of them for my clio. Get some pictures of it on the coilovers mate:) if you need any more ideas check my mk3 project thread out:)

2012 Clio 1.2
cheers bud, will do asap. had to take one of the off again because the garage that I paid to swap the top mounts over put them together in the wrong order!! had the wheel alignment done today so all is sorted :D

2012 Clio 1.2
start with the drivers side, (this is also were the towing eye is) and pull it outwards from the inside edge it should pop straight off. needs a bit of force! passenger side is the same bt I found I needed to poke a screwdriver into release the clips. was tighter then the drivers side.

2012 Clio 1.2
Love your wheels :) One thing, maybe get the rear heko wind deflectors too?

cheers man wasnt 100% on the wheels to start with cus they're only stock but I like them more now it's lowered. I was gonna buy the rear heko s bug my brother has some on his focus and the backs seem to come loose meaning they're always wonky and look pants... :s

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I agree with the others in regards to HID's in projectors I'm afraid.
It's good to see another mk3 on here. I need to change my O/S front foglight due to mine being smashed. Could you see a way of changing it without removing the complete bumper?

Clio mk3
I agree with the others in regards to HID's in projectors I'm afraid.
It's good to see another mk3 on here. I need to change my O/S front foglight due to mine being smashed. Could you see a way of changing it without removing the complete bumper?

Jack the car up,Take the wheel off and take the arch like out,think there's a few plugs and then two screws under the car. That's what I did to get to my fog lights mate

2012 Clio 1.2
On the subject of fog lights.... Can u separate the lenses from the houses...? Was considering some customs led lighting if I can

2012 Clio 1.2
ill have to have a look. first things first though need to find a jack that fits under the car haha!!

2012 Clio 1.2
URL=http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/lilbenchy9192/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140530_122518_zps2ymjzokw.jpg.html]
IMG_20140530_122518_zps2ymjzokw.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_20140528_202505_zpsrh5nvque.jpg