ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B**TARD KEY!!!!!!

car? need a license 1st!

I was just pulling up at macdonalds with my mates, and as i turned the engine off, the key snapped!!!!!

so now ive got the central locking fob (that doesnt work) on my desk, and half the key stuck in the ignition barrel. I can start it and everything, just cant lock it.. im uber pissed off!!!

What would u lot suggest i do? im ringing kitchens renault in burnley 2morro to see if they can order me a new key.. but other than that i havent a clue.. i cant leave the car anywhere as its not locked. Which means i cant really go anywhere.. :\

Suggetions guys! :(

car? need a license 1st!

i live near clitheroe in lancs, kitchens is the nearest dealer to me. Im under the impression that Dealers are the only ones that can sort somthing like this?

car? need a license 1st!

yeah, i can, like i said i can still start it, cos i can just turn it with the rest of the key, that has snapped off.. but i cant lock the car as it doesnt have a spare.. and the central locking remote doesnt work..

You will need ot order the key withteh dealer as they will ahve the key number.

You will also need to get the key outa the ignition, either that or buy a new set of ignition, and lock barrels from a breakers (matbrown).

This option is possibly gonna eb cheaper then getting a new key from reno, think when i wanted one they were £90.

Do you not have a spare?

Da

Less

If you do use Reno, use Nicholas Smiths in Skipton, far better customer service than Kitchens!

car? need a license 1st!

spare - nope.

I thought about getting new ignition barrels and locking barrels, but wouldnt that mean that i would have to get a different key? if i got it from a breaker?

This is sounding expensive! :eek:

Da

Less

Can you not get the snapped bit out of the barrel mate, with long nose pliers or summat? Then you could probably have a replacement made up at a key shop as a temporary measure?

car? need a license 1st!

I havent tried yet it was dark when it happened so i couldnt see (no interior light)

I thought that if i could get it out then i could get a replacement made, but id still need a new key with the central locking fob?

Gah this is a pain in the ass...

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 23 November 2004

one suggestion mate...dont use kitchens theyre crap!!! Where abouts you live?
^
agreed, kitchens r sh*te. The dealer in preston isnt bad but bit far really

This may sound daft but,

Doesnt the metal of the key need to be attached to the original plastic FOB to switch of the immobilisor? or is that through the C/L FOB?

MERCEDES CLS AMG

OK - this is what you need to do, ring me up and give me your reg - i can order you a blade for tommorow. If the key is stuck in the barrel you need to undo your steering column cowel and take your barrel out - if your careful you can take it apart end extract your blade - in the meantime i can get you a blade so at least you can lock it up. There are other ways of doing this - PM me and i will explain. Im pretty local to you.

car? need a license 1st!

ok i rang nicolas smiths.

they said its £230 for a new ignition barrel. £9 for a spare key. Problem is they dont have my key number on record, so they have to email france and see if they have it.

Its taking forever!

car? need a license 1st!

McDs is good :D its perfectly healthy to eat slight raw horse meat!

The thing that bugs me is, earlier that day in college, i was telling my tutor how excess weight on your key ring can bend or damage the barrel of your ignition.. then the key snapped in mine!!!! Sod is a right C**t..