ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B***stard nicked my exhaust

While my car was in storage at GK Ford Mansfield, one of the toe rags who works there has nicked my brand new k-tec K5 Backbox and left the centre section. The f**kers only nicked my alloy centre caps last year when the other valver was in there for damage inspection. The insurance co wrote off the car so i bought it back with the intention of salvaging the exhaust and the b******s have nicked it. Last year i got them to admit liability and they offered to pay for the centre caps. But this time even with photographic evidence at the crash scene they wont accept that the exhaust was there liabilty and that anyone could have got on their premices and stole it

How do i stand chaps legally?

are the premises secure, if so i think its under there care and therefore they are responsible, try threatining them with solicitors etc

ps they sorry that the f**kers have robbed you

They dont have a leg to stand on if you have photo graphic evidence, unless they say that your car is there at your risk before it is taken there.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 05 October 2004

They dont have a leg to stand on if you have photo graphic evidence, unless they say that your car is there at your risk before it is taken there.

Exactly as Pete said. Even with a liability disclaimer you can claim as there not worth the paper they are written on. Just because a disclaimer is shown it doesnt exclude them from liability. I know this as when we had a couple of pubs we put up a sign and the solicitor expanied all this too us.

Trouble is the police instructed Burrows of Huthwaite to remove the car as it was blocking the carrige way then it was transfered by my insurance company Liverpool and victoria to GK Ford. At everystage i warned everyone that i was buying the car back and not to remove stuff from the car. I even made L&V put a note on my computer that i was buying the car back and that GK Ford had previously stolen my alloy centre caps on a previous occasion. Basically GK Ford are blaming Burrows and Burrows are blaming GK Ford. Its tricky to sort out.

I doubt they even know what it is otherwise they would have taken the centre section. They will probably tigg weld/bodge it onto a rover/ford or some sh*t, I might check ebay though

The Jinx

Go to your local press and watchdog. Stand in their showroom and kick up a stink. Make as much trouble, legally, as you can.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Thing is, You claim from the last place instructed by your insurance co (thats who owned the car up until you bought it back).

Its down to them to pay for the missing part, whether they then claim back from burrows is not your concern.

It comes down to whom you have a contract with, ie not burrows but GK and your insurance co.

But if I were in your shoes, Id be kicking GKs arse right now!

New development, The area manager at the head office in chesterfield is now going to meet with me on monday at the mansfield branch of GK Ford and try to get this resolved he partially agrees that its their responsibilty assuming the checklist they do says that the exhaust was on the car when they picked it up. Surely if the exhaust was not fitted the independent assesor for the insurance would have picked up on it as the car would not be road legal. So hopefully i am getting somewhere after having to ring the Police and get a crime number and chase down the head honcho at chesterfield. Just shows that threatening bad publicity and legal action works. watch this space for future ass kicking.

Not sure how you stand with this because it is the property of the insurance company now - complete or not. Perhaps you can offer them £300 less of the cost to compensate? It will be one of them theiving gits at the accident management center. I doubt youll ever see it again but hopefully the company will take responsibility seeing as it is in their care while it gets transfered to you.

Perhaps you should have insured with someone else who uses someone else apart from GK.

Cliopower What are you on about? They will be offering me £300 for compensation. i have paid money for the car the car is on my drive and it belongs to me. How can it be the property of my insurance company they gave me the figure they wanted to buy the car back which was low because it costs them more to dispose of it. I paid it, the car is now mine. Its category B which means it cant be repaired but it can be stripped for parts but regardless of this it still belongs to me and it always has done.

The GK Ford was on chesterfield road Mansfield.

Most people dont realise they can buy the car back off the insurance company, you should its worth it - basically what you do is:

The car is written off they give you an offer for what the car is worth say £2700 for my valver. You then say you would like to buy the vhicle back before it gets sent to the scrapper. They will tell you its category B or whatever and that you must not repair the car it is only to be stripped for parts and must be disposed of at a proper dismatlers and notify the DVLA. They then deduct the scrap value from your payout and send you a cheque for the balance.

They will then assess the car for scrap value its usually very small amount as it costs the insurance company money to dispose of the car they would sooner you have the hastle. My insurance company were that keen to get rid they paid for transport to my address.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

once youve been and bought your car back you can re shell all the running gear etc in a new clio body shell from renault.

Ive seen this done with a 172 that got side swiped, all internals re-shelled into a new body the 172 lived on....

Anyone who is interested i now have a cheque in the post for £250
Just shows its well worth persuing things like this and use threatening behaviour within the limits obviously ;)

I will be now hiring out my services as the EQUALISER:devilish:

so the centre section is available cheap for anyone who needs one

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 01 November 2004

I will be now hiring out my services as the EQUALISER:devilish:
Lol! Class, very good info regarding the salvage of the car - ill remember that..