ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

b pillar door dents

Clio 197
My current and previous Clio both had these, they seem to attract them in this area... What are my options for repairing?

Obvious thought is getting a non dented replacement door, has anyone else gone down the filler route instead?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the same issue on the passenger door. I'm undecided what to do as I was going to get a bit of bodywork sorted whether to get it touched up or just get another door.

Lots of Alfas
A dent guy got my b pillar dent out, he had to drill a hole from the inside though, but just filled it with a small bung.

Clio 197
Not sure about a dent guy because of the rigidity of the door pillar, I can't see it being possible to pull it out, not like with a flexible panel e.g wing

Lots of Alfas
Nope, the dent was right in the middle of the pillar, he drilled a small hole near the edge of the inside of the door at an angle and managed to push it out from behind, no filling or painting, you would never know the dent had been there. You can see the dent it had in this picture.

media2.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not sure about a dent guy because of the rigidity of the door pillar, I can't see it being possible to pull it out, not like with a flexible panel e.g wing

Unless its right on the edge of a panel, then a good dent guy can get any dent out. (Unless the cars been proper crashed! Lol)