ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average time to sell your clio?

Roadster Coupe
just put my 182 up far sale, how long did you guys who has sold there previous 172/182's wait before being sold?

VaVa
It should sell on here in no time. Just follow the following pattern;

Posted 10:00 AM - £3750 ono
Posted 10:39 AM - £3500 ono
Posted 12:00 AM - £3250 ono
Posted 16:00 AM - £3000 ono
Posted 17:00 AM - SOLD

Is how most for sale ads go on here. People panic if it's not sold in 10 minutes lol

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
if it's advertised at the right price in the right places then it should sell over a weekend.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I roffled at the MCS for sale on here.

£7900
£7750
£7500
£7000
£6900
£6500
£6200
£6000
Sold.

FLOL! good work!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
just put my 182 up far sale, how long did you guys who has sold there previous 172/182's wait before being sold?

Have you just put it on here? In my experience, Autotrader sells it the fastest.

Roadster Coupe
Yeah I put it on autotrader 3 days ago, Freeads and piston heads. not one call yet. Its up for a decent price. just I seen a car I want and can't get it until I sell my 182

The one I bought was up on pistonheads on the Monday, I enquired about it with possiblility of viewing on the Tuesday, went down Friday (nearest time I could get there) and then I had it, subject to HPI check (which I did on the saturday).
Picked it up the following Tuesday!

Titanium 182
I've put mine on here, piston heads aswell as the free ads but still no luck. Tbh I think its very reasonably priced for a quick sale. Is it worth spending out and putting it on Autotrader?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I roffled at the MCS for sale on here.

£7900
£7750
£7500
£7000
£6900
£6500
£6200
£6000
Sold.

FLOL! good work!
Good sales work there, you giving out lessons Dan?

Maybe it was a cash sale. ;o

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Imho, the price is quite rich compared to others on AT ...

If you're looking for a quick sale id probably knock £500 off.

The fact its modified & at the top of the price bracket may also restruct the number of buyers that are interested :dapprove:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
It should sell on here in no time. Just follow the following pattern;

Posted 10:00 AM - £3750 ono
Posted 10:39 AM - £3500 ono
Posted 12:00 AM - £3250 ono
Posted 16:00 AM - £3000 ono
Posted 17:00 AM - SOLD

Is how most for sale ads go on here. People panic if it's not sold in 10 minutes lol

Typical CS sellers ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Autotrader has always done me well tbh, but anything that isnt economical small and boring doesn't seem to be selling so well at the moment.

When I was looking for a CS last year all the decent ones were sold in hours, amazing how much has changed in 6 months, probably because petrol was a lot cheaper back then too.

Fabia vrs tdi
I'm selling mine on here but donno if it's priced rite

4750 o4 RB182 cup packs

Fsh , 2 owners check out the ad see what u think. Auto trader costs money lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
To me, the adverts are all wrong.

There is no detail about how long you've owned it, when the services were carried out, where the services were carried out, what tyres are on it, how much tread, a photo of all the paperwork and the two keys... The pictures don't do it justice either. Car looks dirty! Get some tyre shine on there and take some nice pictures of the car parked somewhere better than infront of some old garage. Who did the cambelt? Have you got an invoice for it? What are the bad points on the car? any wheel refurbs needed?

The thing is, it looks like you've not bothered to make an effort. That speaks volumes to someone buying a car. I may be harsh in what I say, but its how I view your advert.

182 FF Inferno
Mileage is a bit up which might put some off. Do you have proof of belts being done?? Price doesn't seem too bad.

AS has already been said, people don't want a high tax, biggish engine/ 30mpg car at the moment. I've thought about selling mine (05, 55k, inferno, not as tidy as yours), I'd probably happy taking 4k for it. (prob trade it in though)

Have you tried selling to a dealer??

Titanium 182
I've sold both my cars on here. My old 182 I made the advert at 11pm got a call on the way to work the following morning then the next day the guy had driven up from London to Leeds to collect it :D

Roadster Coupe
Well car is clean and polished can tell by the shine on the paint work. Suppose I could take it to a better location to take pictures of it. I have got a standard set of badges coming in the post any day.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
To me, the adverts are all wrong.

There is no detail about how long you've owned it, when the services were carried out, where the services were carried out, what tyres are on it, how much tread, a photo of all the paperwork and the two keys... The pictures don't do it justice either. Car looks dirty! Get some tyre shine on there and take some nice pictures of the car parked somewhere better than infront of some old garage. Who did the cambelt? Have you got an invoice for it? What are the bad points on the car? any wheel refurbs needed?

The thing is, it looks like you've not bothered to make an effort. That speaks volumes to someone buying a car. I may be harsh in what I say, but its how I view your advert.

Id take this as constructive advice other than negative criticism.

He may be a southern cu'nter, but hes right :eek:

BMW 323i Coupe
Well car is clean and polished can tell by the shine on the paint work. Suppose I could take it to a better location to take pictures of it. I have got a standard set of badges coming in the post any day.

Take a trip up to Blaenavon on the mountains, perfect place for good shots.

Roadster Coupe
Can you use WD40 as tyre shine? My ad expires on sat so I will redo it all and hopefully it should sell. Is my price about right?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can you use WD40 as tyre shine? My ad expires on sat so I will redo it all and hopefully it should sell. Is my price about right?

WTF?? Tyre shine £3.99 from the shops!

If you want to spray oil over your tyres, you may be getting rid of your car quicker than you think!

Roadster Coupe
I just heard it off someone, never tried it before. Never thought of taking it Bleanavon, nice scenery up there.