ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average owners age?

172 Cup
I'm 20, waited till now for reasonable insurance, if you can call £1130 a year reasonable :S Although saying that, I paid £1700 for insurance on my 1.3 fiesta when I was 17 lol

FF 182/Alfa 147
I'm 34.... Bought a 182 3 months ago after having one when I was younger and always wanting another.... My Dad is 78 - took it out and drove it harder than I ever have! My Mum just complained that the clutch was too heavy!

GW Clio Sport 200
41 yrs with a Clio 200. Previously Owned a Renaultsport Megane since my early 30's. Don't think age is an issue really, if you love your cars just enjoy them. Give me Radio 2 anyday!!

bg 182 ff
Im 22 Age is just a number. When it comes to enjoying something you could be 50 acting like a 17 yr old.it doesnt matter. The main thing is to enjoy it while you can :-D

Clio 200 FF
25. First car was a Pug 205 Cabriolet, second was a Fiesta Mk5 that gave me nothing but constant s**t. Put up with it for 4 years and then decided that enough was enough, follow the dream, get a 200 :)

Artic 182FF
Im 32 and got my 172 when i was 31.

I really dont know how some younger people afford to run 172/182 etc with insurance being the way it is.

First car ive had with any decent performance as i was always preoccupied with insurance and cost despite always wanting something with a bit more power. When i got this i just thought feck it. Im glad i did and i certainly wont be going back to a poverty-spec A to B banger.

43 , had both Mk1 and Mk2 5 turbos in my 20's , owned most hot hatches that have been any good , only a few years ago got rid of our 205 1.9 gti having had it 4 years and sold it for nearly twice what we paid for it

Decided to have a 172 cup as a runabout to add to our fleet of Audi S4 cab , 911 and diesel Volvo estate LOL .

RS Gordini
Got my Cilo 200 (RS Gordini) a week ago, and im 29. Funnily enough the insurance is about £300 cheaper than my old Saxo VTR.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I feel you have to mature a bit to love a
Clio for the right reasons. Im 26 now but used to think it was all about turbos etc, binned thousands on scoobs and similar and now couldn't ask for anymore than my little Clio. Had a good 70 odd cars since started driving, hands down, unquestionably, the 172 and 182 are now my all time favourites.
Oh and my old man is 53 and he absolutely loves them too!

MX5 Elise111s
60. Got my 172 Cup 3 weeks ago to do trackdays. Whenever I went to look at one the seller asked me if I was buying it for someone else! Sadly on my 3rd trackday the engine died so off the road at the moment. Still investigating how to get it fixed as I'm not that mechanical. Brake pads and oil changes are about my limit unlike you youngsters who whip engines in and out just for fun.

Fiesta ST-3
21 with a 182... wouldn't change it anytime soon either!

Had a think about a 330d touring but couldn't get something so refined yet!

phase 1 172
i'm 30 and just a week ago got my first 172, i can see the only reason i get rid of this one is to make way for another! it's the most fun i've had in a car, ever!

SG9 Forester STi
23 and I've got my mix and match clio. Love it even though it's a pain in the bum at times.

Both my daughters have a Clio
Age 20 has Mk2 Ph 1 1.2 8v got when she was 17
Age 18 has Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v got when she was 17
Both want a 182 but can't bear to get rid of first car!