ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average lifespan for brake pads?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've had the same rear pads for nearly 2 years and they've still got half the material left on them.
Fronts I've got through a set about once every 6 months, but I do brake very heavily very often...

182 Trophy
Fronts on a Trophy lasted me 34,000 miles ( 4 Years ) and still got the original rears on after 4.5 years. I so drive like a Granny though - having 6 points will do that to you.

Lotus Exige, 182
Rear pads and discs on my car look like they've never been changed - but probably will be tomorrow. Front pads also need a change - 5,000 miles and 4 trackdays!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
6000 road miles for me. And new discs allround every year.
Tyres about the same to.

I do live in Yorkshire though.

Renaultsport Clio 182
My original fronts lasted about 24k. I changed to DS2500 then which are still on the car & I'm coming up to 51k now. Cars going for MOT on Tuesday so we'll see how they are.

Original rears lasted me about 36k

I haven't done any track days though & my 50 mile commute doesn't require huge amounts of braking so the brakes only really get abused at the weekend! lol

it does vary a lot, depending on driving, but you can wear them down in no time if there are problems with the calipers, especially the rears

re^; some have a slot down the middle that you can use to judge.
should replace them well before 2-3mm i'd have said, esp. if they're wearing unevenly across the pad