ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auxiliary belt lower idler

Anybody know if these can be bought by Renault on there own without buying the tensioner? Have a new tensioner already so just need this.

Great thanks. If anybody has the part number and price that would be handy as my local Renault are hopeless with getting the right parts.

BMW M135i
For a FF? You might as well just buy a kit! Just had a look.

82 00 429 703 - £138!!!

A kits showing as only £118 here.

ITB'd MK1
it's 118.80+vat, so £139.59 full retail from renault for the kit

something weird to take note of, JUST the tensioner on it's own is over £140 if you order separates rather than a kit

BMW M135i
I've noticed that several times before, on pretty much any model its cheaper to order a kit rather than seperates if you just wanted one part.

I did wonder that. I have the tensioner already so not really wanting to buy a kit. Just having a look at this just now is there an easy way to get in to remove the lower idler?

Got the bumper off and engine jacked up. Is it possible to just unbolt the idler without taking the whole bracket off and all the pumps? Struggling for space to get a ratchet in not got enough clearance with the chassis leg.

ITB'd MK1
slacken the gearbox mount, the engine will move over about a half inch. Re-tighten the mount, then drop the engine down low so it's almost on the subframe. Should be able to get to the bolt with a swan neck spanner or a socket on a small breaker bar. I've never got a ratchet in there