ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt change

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm going to make some more of these when I finally get round to it. Already bought the materials

IMAG0440.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0440.jpg
    IMAG0440.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 171
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Jubilee works well, or a 3/8 short extension on a long handled socket, or make a simple tool up like the one Danny has pictured there.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
5xilck.jpg

You push it backwards, so it lifts the tensioner upwards.

Its only cast ally, quite easy to break, if you do break it then its back to the jubilee method.

Evo
IMO unless you have a tool like Danny showed this isn't possible with a 3/8 ratchet or small extension! The spring is just too close to the insert. Oh and its very weak and the spring is stupidly heavy!

Air con delete ftw ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
IMO unless you have a tool like Danny showed this isn't possible with a 3/8 ratchet or small extension! The spring is just too close to the insert. Oh and its very weak and the spring is stupidly heavy!

Air con delete ftw ;)

Its definately possible using a short 3/8 extension on a long handle as Ive done it that way myself.

I prefer the jubilee clip method though as its handsfree then so you have both hands to manouvre the belt with.

Cup setup does make life a lot quicker though.