ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Automatic hdmi change

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Say I turn on the xbox via the controller or send something to the Apple TV, does anyone have a tried and tested product to automatically change the TVs input? Ideally I'd like a very cheap one as I'm not up for spending lots of money to save me picking up a remote and pressing a button.

I've found this, but I don't know how well it'll work... And it's more than I want to spend for the reason above.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/3-way-automatic-hdmi-switch/375-8034.prd

Cheers

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I used something similar, it just didn't work. Thankfully I have a new tv that had enough ports, plus I can run Sky through my Xbox One, which saves another HDMI port.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm bidding on a nikkai one on eBay, it looks a bit more genuine than the one I posted the item number of.

This isn't to save hdmi ports, I have more than enough I believe... This is purely to be lazy.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers, I'm trying an eBay special for £4 though, I'll check back in when it comes.

Tbh I'm reluctant to spend over £10 because all its for is preventing the burden of pressing a button on the remote lol

Polo BlueGT
Maybe I'm being ignorant here, personally I've not had/used a tv in the last couple of years that hasn't had "smartlink" (sp).

If you check your settings it might be there, when I switch on my blu-Ray/ps4/xb1 it automatically turns on the TV and takes you staring to the Channel. Might be worth a look.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Maybe I'm being ignorant here, personally I've not had/used a tv in the last couple of years that hasn't had "smartlink" (sp).

If you check your settings it might be there, when I switch on my blu-Ray/ps4/xb1 it automatically turns on the TV and takes you staring to the Channel. Might be worth a look.

Doesn't the tv have to be smart? I'm not finding anything so far.