ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Automatic App when paired with Bluetooth device.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Just wondering if anybody knows of any Apps that will automatically turn on when connected to a specific bluetooth device?

EG. You get into your car, phone auto connects to stereo but it opens up the App because it has been paired with this device. If you connect with any other device it doesn't turn the App on.

It's for a Uni project and I haven't been able to find anything existing.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
There is hardware in existence that does that but usually upon physical connection, you'd need to look at the bluetooth API's

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
So the hardware is available, helps.

I'm talking about software that's able to do it. It's not the App requesting to turn bluetooth on but the other way around. Bluetooth device asking to turn the App on.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I would be amazed if IOS lets you setup an interupt to launch an app based on bluetooth connection.

Would be good though, my mrs (android) has a phone holder in her car that launches an app, would be nice to do the same on recognition of the parrot kit in my car without needing a physical connection.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Interested in this phone holder?

That's the point basically.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
On android it's done with intents.

On iOS it's possible (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word), but not "app side"...it's part of the iAP protocol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
On android it's done with intents.

On iOS it's possible (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word), but not "app side"...it's part of the iAP protocol.

I dont think that will work with bluetooth though? Only with specific hardware that is plugged in isnt it?

Edit - some info here:
Apple said:
To incorporate iAP into an accessory design, the accessory developer must be a member of the Apple MFi
licensing program and integrate specific MFi hardware into the accessory. For further information about MFi,
see developer.apple.com/programs/mfi.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I dont think that will work with bluetooth though? Only with specific hardware that is plugged in isnt it?

No, it'll work with bluetooth as well, it's just a command that the accessory can send. That's all I can really say about it.

Academic anyway as you need both the MFI documentation and crypto IC's to use bluetooth anyway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No, it'll work with bluetooth as well, it's just a command that the accessory can send. That's all I can really say about it.

Academic anyway as you need both the MFI documentation and crypto IC's to use bluetooth anyway.

Oh thats pretty epic, didnt realise Apple would allow that :)

Cool info!