ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Wipers on 182 - How the heck

2005 Clio Sport 182
Hello everyone! i picked up my new full fat 182 this morning but cant for the life of me figure out how to activate the automatic wipers.... ive chucked a cup of water over the sensor and it didnt work - do they need to be on itermittent?

any help would be appreciated :)

LY 182
Do they work well then? I've always noticed mine to be very random. Like they can wipe with just a few drops, and at other times visibility gets very bad before they decide to bother wiping.

Perhaps I need to do that sensor trick.

On setting one does it wipe when you turn it on and then nothing after?

Im having the same problem i think i need to do the gel replace too...

LY 182
On setting one does it wipe when you turn it on and then nothing after?

Im having the same problem i think i need to do the gel replace too...

It just seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it will go with just a couple drops, sometimes it waits til I can barely see a thing. No pattern to it lol.

LY 182
Ah think I found it. Underneath the dark grey coloured box that kinda slots in behind the rear view mirror?

(Pretty sure I need new wiper blades too, that should help further lol)

Yeah underneath the rear view mirror box attached to the screen. That's the guide I followed and my sensor had clouded over. I took it off, baby wiped lol, and then put the Gel on top before sticking it back together.

Seems to have improved it no end. They are still not perfect, but before hand I was getting a single wipe and then nothing.

Double check you have adjusted the sensitivity on the twist barrel as well prior to trying all this...

Just done mine, working perfect now, it all came apart on me! circuit board, plastic cover then gel stuff on top,

I cleaned the circuit sensors with Isopropyl alcohol, cleaned the cover inside and out, the gel both sides and the window...

I put clear gel on the front and back of the jelly and clamped it back on, very clean flush fit now and works like a charm !

2002 clio 172
i had the windscreen replaced on mine, now the wipers on auto have a mind of their own, little drops of rain and the wipers are on superspeed :S
other times its lashing down and they think its drizzling :mad:

think i`ll have a look at the ibruprofen trick the weekend ;););)