ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUTO WIPERS have turned into intermitant?

monaco blue 172 ..
over the last few days my auto wipers have suddenly turned into intermitant..
you can select auto mode and they will wipe every couple of seconds even when its not raining ???
can anyone shed any light on this problem?
cheers :dapprove:

monaco blue 172 ..
adamhodg said:
u sure u aint notched it down 2 instead of 1
no im sure ,only click it down 1 to auto ,if i click it down 2 it goes into constant wipe like it should do... cant understand why its doing it ?

marksman said:
over the last few days my auto wipers have suddenly turned into intermitant..
you can select auto mode and they will wipe every couple of seconds even when its not raining ???
can anyone shed any light on this problem?
cheers :dapprove:

If you find out how you did it will you let us know?

Auto are shyte.

monaco blue 172 ..
chris182 said:
If you find out how you did it will you let us know?

Auto are shyte.
will do mate ,i cant realy think what ive done ...only thing i have done is turn off the auto lights and it seems to have been like this ever since but i cant see that effecting them???????

Bora TDI - (ex172)
don't the wipers go on to intermittent when you fall below a certain speed, and the dial with all the dashes allow you to change the time between each wipe.

jooliona said:
what does the dial with all the dashes on it do???

Its SUPPOSED to vary the sensitivity, never makes any difference on mine.

On cars without auto feature it alters the delay between wipes on intermittent.

monaco blue 172 ..
think i might have found the reason ... there is a small stone chip right in the centre of the sensor (square at bottom of screen) and it wasnt there a few week ago ,,so it might have somehow disabled the auto wipe and reverted to intermitant ..
anybody wishing to confirm this by aquiring a stone chip lol..........
thats all it CAN be ...

Square at bottom of screen isn't the sensor.

Its just a clear portion of screen to let things like GPS units work, as the rest of the screen has an anti-UV coating.

The sensor is at the top of the screen behind the mirror.

monaco blue 172 ..
Ross M said:
i also need/want to know how to switch the auto wipers off.
SORTED FOUND OUT THE CAUSE ,AND I WILL POST A NEW THREAD TO EXPLAIN HOW TO SWITCH "AUTO WIPERS OFF,, i fitted a sun strip to my car ,, and when you cover the sensor up on the top of the screen it disables the auto wipe feature and reverts it to intermitant wipe ,,, removed the strip and the auto wipers are now working again ,,although the car looked better with the black strip ,,ah well cant have everything lol:clap: :clap: :clap:

monaco blue 172 ..
matt182 said:
You can turn them of by switching the wipers on and off 2 times and it will beep to tell you the auto is off
are you sure your not getting confused with the auto lights, as you turn the side lights on and off 2 times to diable these ??????

Renault Clio 1.5 dCi
Did you find any solution to get rid off auto wiper setting...?

I tried covering the sensor with a sticker, the result is no wiping at all at first (auto) setting of the stalk.
I tried disconnecting the sensor wires, but the results are the same, not wiping at all at auto mode.

I know there is a solution, but I don't know yet what exactly it is:)

Greets.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Auto wipers suck balls on the Clio,
mine go batsh*t when there's a single drop of water,
then do f*ck all when it's pissing it down, they're a pain in the arse tbh.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Auto wipers suck balls on the Clio,
mine go batsh*t when there's a single drop of water,
then do f*ck all when it's pissing it down, they're a pain in the arse tbh.

Same as mine, I want my auto back too

Renault Clio 1.5 dCi
AlexW, can you tell me where can I get detailed info regarding the possible uses of Clip? I consider purchasing one interface, as we have several Renault cars in the family, but till now I didn't find satisfying information about it. Who has one interface usually offer their sevice for a certain fee, but give out no info...

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
interesting thread, am keeping an eye on the end result.

my auto wipers are poo and it would be godo to do something with them, its a shame an RStuner gain access to alter the wipers

Albi Blue 200
You can turn them of by switching the wipers on and off 2 times and it will beep to tell you the auto is off

does anyone know if this is the same for the 200? the autowipers on mine are about as much use as an ejector seat on a helicopter

Renault Clio 1.5 dCi
Maybe we got the answer...:

A couple of days ago i put a sticker on the sensor, which immediately did not brought the desired result. But yestreday a light rain fell and I just realized, that it works like a charm, in the good old interval mode. What I think of: the ECU actually learned that the sensor is faulty and disabled auto mode. If it keeps working this way in the future, I can say my faith in automotive engineering is finally restored.:D