ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto wiper sensor

RB + LY 182 FF
where would i get one from? i currently dont have one on my windscreen..if i do i cant see it...( its positioned around the rear view mirror isnt it?) ..the window is renault etched if that helps..are they easy to fit?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Auto Wipers are crap IMO.

Does that mean you don't have intermitent wipe?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
where would i get one from? i currently dont have one on my windscreen..if i do i cant see it...( its positioned around the rear view mirror isnt it?) ..the window is renault etched if that helps..are they easy to fit?

You will have one on FF 172 . Its on the windscreen like you say .

Thanks to AmDaMan for the pic ;)

img4048zm9.jpg

Personally i don't see why people have such a problem with the autowipers . I only use the autowiper setting when it's raining and don't find the need to move the stalk down another notch .

ValverInBits
there is a guide. cant remember who wrote it but it recommends smearing clear gel over it (as in cosmetic stuff).

RB + LY 182 FF
Auto Wipers are crap IMO.

Does that mean you don't have intermitent wipe?
whats one of those.. it could have had a new windscreen in the past i dotn know.. i know it has renault etching i persumed it come with that..
as for the picture No i dont have a black thing around my mirror? is that what i need if so where do i get one from..
im comparing what i can from my old 1.2 Billabong as everything worked on that this 172 i have hasnt been looked after in the past im trying to get it all ok at mo with services and auto stuff working.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
My car has these apaprently, But they dont appear to work? What happens, Do they just come on when it rains?

The lights work fine though, Do you think this could be the sensor?

Will renault Rape me to fix this? AS its just out of warrenty?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You move the wiper stalk down to the first position . There is a selector ring on the stalk for the speed .

I always have mine set on the fastest speed . Obviously it won't wipe until rain hits the sensor , but there's a fair chance it's gonna rain all weekend :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find mine goes mad at the slightest bit of rain on the fastest speed, 3 notches is about the most i ever use.

My car has these apaprently, But they dont appear to work? What happens, Do they just come on when it rains?

The lights work fine though, Do you think this could be the sensor?

Will renault Rape me to fix this? AS its just out of warrenty?

first notch down on the right stalk... auto setting (only the first notch is auto)

Then spin the adjuster on the stalk to increase the sensitivity.

if they don't work, you may have it switched off.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ah so i have to turn them on so to speak?

Was just expecting them to turn on when it rained regardless of stalk position.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yes they aren't auto as such . You have to set it in the auto position , first position down on the stalk .

Monaco 172
if you leave them in auto position and turn ignition of and on again, you have to move the stalk up one and back to auto to turn them on again. read that somewhere and seems to be the case

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
mine are shoite

the only wipe on the fastest setting, if the screen becomes totally covered as if you had caterax

then you switch to the next setting and it clears the rain too fast so its wiping a dry screen

poo