ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto windscreen wipers not working

MG ZR 1.8
As title says. They're not coming on, even in heavy rain!
Any suggestions? Could the sensor be blocked maybe?

JDB

Clio 1.2 16v
Mine work but only when it's heavy, my lights don't come on themselves either, I seen someone said about disconnecting and reconnecting your battery made his lights work, I know it sounds daft, but i'll give it a try later.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
JDB you can turn the auto lights back on.

Not to sure about auto wipers though?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
To deactivate or reactivate auto lights function, move the end of the indicator stalk twice consecutively from 0 to side light position, with the engine stopped and the ignition on.​
A bleep confirms the deactivation of this function, and two bleeps confirm its reactivation.

JDB

Clio 1.2 16v
To deactivate or reactivate auto lights function, move the end of the indicator stalk twice consecutively from 0 to side light position, with the engine stopped and the ignition on.​
A bleep confirms the deactivation of this function, and two bleeps confirm its reactivation.

Thanks alot mate, much appreciated :)

MG ZR 1.8
Thanks for all the help. Auto headlights are super sensitive they come on when I drive through like forests ect.
So they're fine it's just the wipers. I'll give a few suggestions ago thanks :)

renaultsport clio172
had this with mine mate, it was dirt inbetween the windscreen and the sensor just under the rear view mirror. remove the plastic cover with a small screwdriver(be careful with the glass!), either side of the sensor are two metal clips that attach the sensor to a metal square bonded onto the windscreen(carefully un-hook the clips) then clean the glass and the sensor itself with window cleaner, smear a little bit of grease around the sensor and re-fit it. to test it after get a water sprayer and squirt the sensor and the wipers should go full speed straight away and to test the light part of the sensor cover it with your hand and the lights should come on instantly(ignition on of course) had a night mare with mine but a mate that works at autoglass told me to try this and it worked a treat!