ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

auto head lights good or bad?

Fiesta ST3
only had the car 2 days and have just reactivated my head lights so they come on automatically the last owner must have turned this feature off?
why would he do this are they really annoying ?
also anyone here heard of the headlight washers leaking the passanger side one is constantly leaking water only started this afternoon..
sorry for all the questions but i would rather have your opions than a renault salesman:quiet:

Some people don't liek them I'm lazy and they've always worked fine so keep them on.
Washer jets leek a lot common problem there a few fixes depends what you want to do either replace them or blcok them up or accept they leak.

ady60 said:
will they fix it under warranty?

also anyone had the alarm beeping twice when you set it?
Clio Mk2 alarms
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108782

Another common problem is when you lock the car the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times.
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

Fiesta ST3
cheers for the swift replys guys i guess i am just picky and want everything to work as it should ?
a few minor niggles upto now but in all i love the car espically when i find some twisty roads:D
used loads of petrol the comp says about 30mpg at the minute i will fill her up again tomorrow and head off for some more fun;)

Auto H/Lights, dont like them. Go under a bridge they come on, come out from under a bridge they stay on. Go to a garage for petrol, pull up under the canopy they come on, drive away they stay on.

Just another gimmick thats going to cost money at some time in the future. I mean, how hard is it to turn them on yourself?

H/Lamp washers, 1 of mines been repaced under warranty. You cant really leave it, as it will completely empty you washer bottle.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
ady60 said:
the last owner must have turned this feature off?
why would he do this are they really annoying ?

They are a pain when you go dogging... ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I love the fact that the headlights are automatic. It'd be nice if you could set them to go a little earlier (or later) but, its not a big deal.

What I hate is that when they are set to automatic I can't flash the lights at oncoming cars. Like to warn them of speed cameras. Or just to say hello.

And I hate that crappy light control wand. It feels fragile like it'd break easily rather than feeling robust. If you reach for it to dip the lights and you don't connect right you twist the end and the lights go off. And even if you do it right the lights don't dip when you pull the wand. They only dip when you release it. The control wand is very poorly engineered.

Then there's the fact that its on the wrong side of the steering wheel.