ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto finesse product test

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
My products
zymany8y.jpg

So started off my rinsing the car down

Then applied some imperial to the wheels
y5a6u7u3.jpg

Now looking at the picture there appears to be nothing on my wheels, but gave them a brush and they were dirty...

Then rinsed them off and applied iron out...
ejune9a3.jpg

ure6udat.jpg

Then rinsed off
y3unyny4.jpg

Then come avalanche
ryrata8a.jpg

The lance I was using came with the power washer, so fingers crossed the new lance will be better....
This gave my car what seemed an instant clean, as soon as I rinsed it off it was clean looking again...

The weather started to turn so I gave the bonnet where I'm testing a hand wash (2 bucket technique ) with born to be mild. Rinsed off and dried...

Then all over the bonnet applied tough prep,
Which I thought I was using a lot, but I have hardly used any, this was easy to apply with a microfibre, and easy to buff off...

I then applied the spirit wax to the passenger only side of the bonnet.
When I opened the pot my thoughts were, this is going to be hard...
However, using a wax pad, it was like butter going on...it cured quickly and I buffed off with ease..

8ygaqu3y.jpg

Both products have been a lot easier to use than I originally thought...

The only thing I found a pain was the triggers I the 500ml bottles I used...

Wax looks a little thick, Caz. Next time, try a damp applicator to ensure the layers are thin as possible. Good start, any after buffing? And let us know on the beading and longevity.

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Cheers jd.... Note to self for next time as I did use it dry... :-(

did miss out on claying too due to the damn weather....

And the wax was a little rushed due to the weather too...

atyqany7.jpg

The buffed finish, as the rain starts.

I would of liked to put anther coat on as per the instructions... Maybe tomo if the weather holds.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I do all of my 'wet work' regardless of a little rain :eek:

washing, de tarring, de ironing and especially claying, if it's not too heavy.

look forward to how this goes, the wheels look amazing

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Thanks all,

Quick Am update the day after,

nu7uhana.jpg

hy6ypu3e.jpg

tyjapetu.jpg

Just looking at it this am the beading is a lot smaller on the right hand side where it has been tough prepped and waxed...

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Plonk some desire on the unprotected side. It'd also be a good comparison as we know spirit will perform fantastically against a patch of paint with no LSP.

Again, way too thick Caz. You need to get an applicator. That'll help enormously as currently you're creating more work for yourself, potentially causing marring and wasting wax :)

172 Cup,Gtr,gttdi
Bum.....

I have a foam applicator thingie....

Just didn't want to spread very well... Maybe that's why I put too much on... ( my excuse anyway lol )

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A single quarter turn of the foam app on desire is enough to cover maybe three quarters to all of a Clio bonnet. Desire is very oily and spreads very well once the pad is primed.