ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Product Test - Spirt. Mazda MPS

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Auto Finesse.

Sorry this has taken a while but it's been a hectic month :(

I've used 90% Auto Finesse products on this protection today;

Imperial
Lather
Verso
Rejuvenate
Tripple
Spirit
Crystal

The car turned up in a bit of a state...

11014139363_4fe166d978_b.jpg

Dutty by scrooge89, on Flickr

11014009246_83de1124fe_b.jpg

Dutty.... by scrooge89, on Flickr

So out came the RDS. I would normally of used AF citrus but I didn't grab any the on BOGOF offer and I begrudge paying the normal prices for it when it is no more superior that RDS imo.

I chucked Imperial on the wheels, it's my go to wheel cleaner at the moment as I quite like the dilution and how effective it is..

8B4A01DA-63D5-4795-AAB2-8ECB2C4DB325_zpso6fua6sp.jpg

I gave it the normal 2BM method wash. I had use all my will power not to use my not Hubikote. Imperial is good and i'd happily have it as my only shampoo if I didn't know about Hubikote. Imperial doesn't smell as nice and it doesn't feel as special to use although it's just as effective but then there is a price difference so what else do you expect...

5382FBFD-4614-4170-BA95-35E7BF0A10F0_zpsg0xz6nay.jpg

I used Verso for all the door shuts, fuel filler etc. I won't be buying this product again quite simply because it really adds nothing superior to any normal APC. Does exactly what you need it to do and it's lasting a fair while diluted so i'm happy with it..

8FA92435-45E4-4D0A-A989-9D294725F5E9_zpsk4fuwuck.jpg

So once dried off I gave Fat Dave a pad and Tripple and and used Rejuvenate myself as it's a personal favourite. We did half the car each. Both these products need any real introduction but I use them both a lot and I imagine I will always have them in my cupboard as they really are great products. I applied both by hand as one I couldnt be asked the get the machine and pads out but mainly because I imagine by hand is how these products are applied buy most people....

DD1F47D9-B4BE-42B0-B0F2-9960489C9BAA_zpszohkbcfj.jpg

Then after both side of the car were buffed off I started applying Spirit with a damp applicator. Well the first thing I noticed was the smell. OMFuckingG it smells damn tasty. Whilst applying two different people came over to compliment the smell!! Applying was dead easy and I noticed that this little tester pot was going a long way. The buffing off (doing one panel at a time) was yet again easy, no problems getting it off at all. The shine looks great and it really did make the Metflake pop out at me, not quite as much as Illusion but not bad at all. Would I buy it? Maybe but because of the smell and if durability is proven then I will certainly think about it. It didn't really jump out at me that I needed it in the collection though.

AE398BF1-C19F-4BC9-BE19-A28D5D909654_zps5xucnnq3.jpg

Anyway, finished shots...

E91F3A4A-19EE-4DEE-B056-8B9A85E62F51_zpsqohkap3m.jpg

62B0392C-102F-40EB-AAEA-A41A6E9FA751_zps7xiqjigf.jpg

11014098755_58d9c35368_b.jpg

Dave's MPS by scrooge89, on Flickr

Ant :)
Auto Finesse

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I really like these cars, but I couldn't put up with the tax band

The finish is pretty impresive for tripple and rejuvenate by hand. Curious to see bow these affect durability. It always seemed to perform well when I had a pot but it seems to have changed since I had it.

Oh and if I'd have known rob and jd were down I'd have have brought mine over for its winter protection

I am a useless fucker, it's true Scrooge Yellow Dave. Been elusive for this weekend as missus wasn't sure what the feck she was doing. See my thread other thread for what did happen. But it's ok she'll be back later and wants dinner. Useless b**ch. Lol.

Looks good. After about the smell of the AF waxes. Defo one thing they've got right, plus the spread of Illusion was superb! Very oily.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to seeing the durability. In my head I'm hoping rejuvenate absolutely trumps the tripple side and I'm hoping to see a good 3 months at least in this horrible weather coming up.