ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio people (home cinema - gaming et al)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I've recently bought a projector and it beams onto a wall. I want to send the audio to something.

I don't want to spend too much, I was looking at getting a sound bar, but here's the thing, I would put the sound bar behind me, rather than in front, is this going to work? (from a dynamics/sounding good standpoint) Or is there a better solution? I don't want some x.1 system, because I don't want to put a sub anywhere. I'd also like small form factor.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really have a budget - I don't want to blow the bank because I already have a pair of KRK Monitors that I can use when I want decent sound, this is more as a back-up for when I don't want to have my monitors on.

I want behind me, because otherwise I've got to put something on the wall in front, and it'll look a bit odd just having a sound bar floating in the middle of an empty wall. Also, I don't want to route cable all the way round the room from the projector to the speaker(s). I'm looking at 2.0 Bluetooth speakers, but I know you lose quality with Bluetooth.

The best solution is something that can go behind me, or something like really thin/slim speakers that I can wall mount, or small wireless speaker(s) I can put in the corners of the room.

SQ5
What about a Sonos Play bar, although you'd still need to get a single optical cable to it from your source?

If the room is carpeted you will easily get a speaker cable to each corner in between the underlay and griprod and then could put in a cheap 5.1/2.1 system, because with small speakers you will need a subwoofer, and the subwoofer could sit behind you?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at 2.0 Bluetooth speakers, but I know you lose quality with Bluetooth.

Which would still sound a lot better than sticking something behind you I'd have thought.

If you don't want wires, or a sub, then you're pretty limited and quality will likely suffer anyway given the requirements.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Would you go to a gig, and then turn around and face away from the front?

I'd try and aim for a solution with speakers in front of you mate, otherwise you'll be disappointed.

I've just done something similar and bought a Yamaha YAS 103 soundbar and am well happy with it. It is bluetooth but I just ran a cable around the skirting in d self adhesive trunking. It is simple to install and just looks like part of the skirting. Buy it from tlc and not ebay as it's a third of the price.
http://www.d-line-it.co.uk