ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Take the plugs out and spin it over on the starter to get the oil to circulate. If you take the return off the turbo you can check its coming through.

(injectors disconnected to avoid washing the bores)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Can you get to either end of the feed line? If so, just disconnect the block end and pour some down with the line elevated above the turbo.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Take the plugs out and spin it over on the starter to get the oil to circulate. If you take the return off the turbo you can check its coming through.

i tried this with mine but it wouldn't lift any oil from the sump. Mine was a full engine strip so the block had no oil in it, just assembly lube so this may be different.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
i tried this with mine but it wouldn't lift any oil from the sump. Mine was a full engine strip so the block had no oil in it, just assembly lube so this may be different.

If its a new pump then backfilling it helps as it can struggle to draw oil up when its only got air in it, this isnt an engine rebuild though, it was previously running so the pump should work just fine like it would on any car that has been standing a while.

Ph1 T
Struggling here lads here's what I'm getting

F491F1EC-E614-4224-B9EF-D1C0EC1F6A09-3524-00000168CE325C23.mp4

Ph1 T
Looks like it Won't upload..

The cars turning over as though it wasn't to start just Won't fire up completely.. Haven't got a clue either as everything's all connected looks like mappings on hold for a day or two going to pay someone to come out

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Check you have fuel, check you have spark etc first of all.

What injectors and ECU is it you are trying to fire it up on?

Ph1 T
Standard ecu just to drive it the garage where the omex is meant to be getting fitted today and its on meg 225 injectors

SQ5
Could be over fuelling. I'd be checking all your earth points and as Chip said, make sure your getting a spark.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will be way over fuelling on those injectors, they are about 50% bigger than the map is for, put the standard ones back in till its on the omex.

Ph1 T
Didn't see last few comments put turned it over again with a dab on the accelerator it fires up surely that's a good sign but.....

It's spluttering a lot. Fair bit of smoke from the exhaust and if I don't put and slight revs on it will cut out..

Ill change the injectors now

Ph1 T
So today i was expecting to drop the car off first thing at the garage who are fitting the ecu, loom and mapping the car.. finished working on it around 3 am this morning and back up at half 7 to go fetch all my oils a nice 40 minute walk each way (need 2 cars)...

loaded all the oils and fluids up needed to refit one side of my bumper as it wasnt having any of it and just wouldnt stay on.. nothing a tie wrap or 2 wouldnt sort though :) ive had to butcher the hell out of the bumper and tbh i think im going to get a smaller intercooler and buy another bumper as i was that stressed and tired i was just chopping the hell out of it.

finally got over the nerves and decided to try and fire her up, she was going and could tell she wanted start to just wouldnt go anyway searched around for an hour or so for wires unclipped ect ect nothing i was so pissed off and by this time id lost half a day anyway come back in the house and settled down for half hour. gave it another go sat in the car and dabbed the accelerator.. it fired up!! never been so pleased about anything lol.. was running like a bag of s**t though which turned out to be the meg injectors swapped back and it was spot on abit lumpy but driveable.. kicked alot of white smoke out the exhaust for about first few minuted and abit in engine guessing it was burning all crap off wd40 ect..

by the time id done it was 4 so the garage wasnt going to start it up went and showed him it all he was rather happy with the job which please me so its going to be started friday or monday once i get the omex 600 plug connecter i need for him to crack on making the loom then mapping time and see what the hopefully good outcome is :)

6234687C-A088-4000-BFE0-BB3E8999DEAC-3524-000001B063D06338.jpg

The filter was just temporary as i didnt have a right size bit of pipe to get the k&n on and ill be getting some mesh for the intercooler

E4AFF519-BC23-4FAC-A7CB-70B1F19AA432-3524-000001B071A6BC41.jpg

going to tidying stuff up and changing bits with the setup but main thing is its up and running.. steady away to say im a joiner and never even changed a set of pads before :)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You sir have far to much time on your hands :eek: well done for doing such a lot in a small amount of time, looks great now it's done and personally I'd bin the mesh idea looks good as is.

Ph1 T
You sir have far to much time on your hands :eek: well done for doing such a lot in a small amount of time, looks great now it's done and personally I'd bin the mesh idea looks good as is.

Seriously mate i dont, i work 6 days a week from like 6-6 lol

i split up with the gf over xmas so ive been in my garage probably 12+ hours a day just grafting away lol i was very happy when it fired up though :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Yeah thanks for the help.. i had about 8 normal ones knocking about put 4 in started it up and ring must of been dodgy on one or something as it started pissing out everywhere lol soon sorted though :)

I nearly set the car and workshop alight with a with a split o ring, I was on my own. I sh1t myself big time.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Seriously mate i dont, i work 6 days a week from like 6-6 lol

i split up with the gf over xmas so ive been in my garage probably 12+ hours a day just grafting away lol i was very happy when it fired up though :)

i joke :p I'm only saying that as I do similar hours to you and apart from doing brakes/Coilovers/exhaust and wheel refurb on top of what you did it took me 10months! Lol

Ph1 T
i joke :p I'm only saying that as I do similar hours to you and apart from doing brakes/Coilovers/exhaust and wheel refurb on top of what you did it took me 10months! Lol

lol tbh im not singing and dancing yet until its finished and running mint i have no luck whatsoever lol...

oh and i split a cup in that time too ;)

Countryman JCW
Great thread Dan, been looking for updates on this all day

Good work getting it going, and for having the balls to tackle this work on your own!

looking forward to the finished result...

Ph1 T
Great thread Dan, been looking for updates on this all day

Good work getting it going, and for having the balls to tackle this work on your own!

looking forward to the finished result...

Cheers bud there were definately times when i just wanted to jack it in, the i looked on my drive and realised if i do my house will look like a scrapyard

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Made up for you mate!! looks a tad tatty but nothing a bit of VHT paint wont sort, you got jubilee clips for the boost hoses? wouldn't trust cable ties lol, hopefully it will make decent power, how much has it all cost you then?

Ph1 T
Made up for you mate!! looks a tad tatty but nothing a bit of VHT paint wont sort, you got jubilee clips for the boost hoses? wouldn't trust cable ties lol, hopefully it will make decent power, how much has it all cost you then?

haha no i bought 20 jubilees NYE and i think im about 3 short so just put them on as something over nothing. ill not be driving the car until it goes into the garage anyway as the radiator cant be connected yet.

under 2k easily

Ph1 T
Cheers lewis still dont think i beat MWM who did chips car though lol upto now i think its took a week.

Definately needs a lick of VHT alot of stuff in the bay ill get on with that as soon as everythings done mapping wise