ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attemping boosted ph1

Ph1 T
After travelling all way round Sheffield to try and get a deep E8 socket which was impossible btw.. I've actually just realised all I need is a 1/4" socket bit instead of a 3/8"..

Numpty!!!

Anyway collected

Oil return pipe
Water feed and return pipe
Water turbo connections
Plenty of hi grip jubilee clips
Actuator hosing

Ph1 T
Can't believe how thick I was not to realise this

Today I'm on with fitting sump connecting oil return up

Then the task of fitting the engine back in :)

Ph1 T
Just gave opie oils a call as still haven't recidved any oil.

Ordered Thursday paid £15 in postage to have delivered Saturday just spoke to them it's not even on its way yet absolute shambles won't be using those again!

Clio 172
Just gave opie oils a call as still haven't recidved any oil.

Ordered Thursday paid £15 in postage to have delivered Saturday just spoke to them it's not even on its way yet absolute shambles won't be using those again!

Get a refund and go else where.

Ph1 T
Have done Tbh think I'm going to have to cancel the mapping ecu fitting Wednesday ill see what I can get hold of. Or get some 1st thing wed morning oh and also the guy who welded the oil return has fitted it bang in the way of the driveshaft! f**k sake

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Have done Tbh think I'm going to have to cancel the mapping ecu fitting Wednesday ill see what I can get hold of. Or get some 1st thing wed morning oh and also the guy who welded the oil return has fitted it bang in the way of the driveshaft! f**k sake

Thats weird because cups and ph1 normally both have the one piece shafts so I would have expected it to clear, unless one of the cars (ie the cup you bought or the ph1 you have now) has 2 piece shafts?

If so just use the shaft that came with the engine on your car.

Ph1 T
I thought the driveshafts on a cup and ph1 were different that's what I got told anyway.. Also got to get hold of a mate to do a touch of welding tomorrow as whoever welded the oil return pipe on the sump was obviously pissed.. Had silicone around the outside when I went to put the actual piping on it just fell out :/

Going to be one hell of a busy day tomorrow

172 cup, Impreza P1
I had to swap to 2 piece shafts due to this problem. The oil return hit the gaiter of the one piece shaft but the fell between each of the gaiters on the 2 piece shafts.

I would cancel the ,aping as you don't want to have to cancel a mapping session half way through due to issues caused with making do or rushing something. Get the car spot on before taking it. I thought from the start you had set yourself a very short deadline for someone who hadnt carried out one before.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Oil returns a weird one, can't see why it would be different on your car, do you have a picture?
S5001496.jpg

this is mine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought the driveshafts on a cup and ph1 were different that's what I got told anyway.

They are different shafts but the inner end is only significantly different on the Ph2 non cup, as thats the ones with the equal length kit which means the inner cv sits in a different place.

Also got to get hold of a mate to do a touch of welding tomorrow as whoever welded the oil return pipe on the sump was obviously pissed.. Had silicone around the outside when I went to put the actual piping on it just fell out :/

Going to be one hell of a busy day tomorrow

Flol sounds a bit of a bodge, not good!

Ph1 T
Haven't got a picture at minute of mine but it wasn't an elbow he had come out then a 45' up kind of looked s**t tbh

I'm going to get it done with the elbow now I've seen that..

So the cup drive shaft could go onto the ph1 is that what your saying chip?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No im not saying that, im saying if the cup has been fitted with a ph2 non cup shaft, you would need to fit that to the ph1 if you wanted to have the return in the same place as before.

But if you are getting it welded anyway, just get it welded in a place that suits the shaft on your ph1 already.

Ph1 T
Right get you now..

Ill put the shaft on tomorrow then decide where best place for it to go is. That's the only thing holding me up ATM along with the oils.

What would you reckon about fitting the engine in and connecting the return pipe up while its in or too akward to get to?

As welder might not be able to get till afternoon and don't want to lose all them hours doing nothing.

Ph1 T
Dan is your welder able to weld Aluminium? As I think it requires a different type of welding machine

Yes mate he explained that as well as I didn't know. I could actually use my other sump now and just fit a new piece to that

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Right get you now..

Ill put the shaft on tomorrow then decide where best place for it to go is. That's the only thing holding me up ATM along with the oils.

What would you reckon about fitting the engine in and connecting the return pipe up while its in or too akward to get to?

As welder might not be able to get till afternoon and don't want to lose all them hours doing nothing.

I can easily connect and disconnect my return when its in the car, but cant comment on yours as never seen it.

Trafic 140dci
Been keeping an eye on this but not saying much. This thread would make good reference for anyone building a Turbo Clio in the future with all the info in here :)

Look forward to seeing the results once it's in and mapped :)

HBT 172 Cup
My reutrn has worked out reasonably well (see project thread), and thats using a 1 piece shaft. Its a shame i cross threaded the thread on the sump, it does up tight (but is stiff), and does leak :(

Im going to drill and tap a return into the engine block next time.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
My reutrn has worked out reasonably well (see project thread), and thats using a 1 piece shaft. Its a shame i cross threaded the thread on the sump, it does up tight (but is stiff), and does leak :(

Im going to drill and tap a return into the engine block next time.

I've got a return that goes into the engine im going to be selling if you wanna make me an offer? was from a BBPT kit

HBT 172 Cup
It's ok mate ive got a hose tail with a threaded end ready, just need to buy a tap for it. But thanks anyway, that reminds me i saw your PM but never replied to it :(

Ph1 T
Just got in from been in the garage since 10 am :/

As far as I know everything's ready for me to get some oil first thing and fire it up, some weird noises coming from underneath middle of car when pushing it out just now

Ph1 T
Is where the gearbox oil goes in that black plastic box on the top of it. Square ish box just plugs into gearbox with a lid on?

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Yes mate, fill until it seeps out (with the car level) and then refit the plastic screw thingy

SQ5
You can get a washing machine hose which is a full size hose with a moulded plastic pipe on the end. Just cut the fixing off the end and its perfect.

Ph1 T
Did exactly that put a fitting inside some hose and filled it from top..

Right filled engine oil, gearbox oil, power steering fluid and engine Coolant all done..

Ready to give it ago was told to disconnect oil feed on turbo when first start and pour some oil in the Turbo but I physically can't get to it??