ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST top mount problem

Monaco 172
I have AST solid top mounts but still need the tophat and bearing for the coilovers. Anyone know where i can get these? Have tried AST but they dont answer and tried kam racing and they cant get through to them either. Any one got and hanging around or know any where else i can get them?

Thanks

ph1 172
ATM I am livid with AST.

Their customer service is worst than appalling and completely unacceptable.
I have left my name and number with them countless times and never received a call back or have they ever been in touch with me keeping me upto date.
I do not like writing bad things about companies but I ordered some parts for my AST top mounts over 8 weeks ago and still have not received them. I have spoken to Curtis countless times and so far everything has just been broken promises. I now cannot get hold of them like you state above and have tried again today with no luck.

My main concern is that I have paid for the parts but have not received them and have been told that they have sent them a number of times but have never actually been sent.

What do I/we do?

I appreciate that this has little to do with your question clio1987172 but thought maybe posting this, if read by someone at AST would prompt them at looking after their customers.

The mad thing is, later this year I want to be buying some coilovers from them. They are putting me off

Monaco 172
Yeah tell me about it. Useless is the word at the moment.
Every time i call them no answer and inbox is usually full so cant leave message anyway. Kam racing have tried for me a few times and they buy from them and cant get hold of them. Like you say unacceptable.
Not really sure there is allot we can do other than hope they read this and get back to us.
Just want to fit my top mounts as mine are ruined.

AST sort it out please!!!!:mad:

williams and trophy
reading this is making me want to cross them off the list of mods for the trophy. iv been told they are the susp set ups to have, looks like il be shopping elsewhere then unless they can sort their customer services out.

they arent on hols for easter tho are they???

ph1 172
I have had a problem that is unsolved for over 2 months so no it not down to the easter break unfortunately

ph1 172
I think I will bit the bullet and do just that. Over 2 months is long enough. I will ring them Tuesday, they will be off the car very soon!

E30 318iS x2
I've been waiting for my AST's since before Christmas :rolleyes: Thankfuly part of the deal is I don't have to pay until the goods are in.

Lionel Richie
The one's Bilstein have been developing for me but they send them to K-tec, this will be an interesting conversation on Tuesday LOL!

The one's Bilstein have been developing for me but they send them to K-tec, this will be an interesting conversation on Tuesday LOL!
Lol,I'm glad i'm not at the other end of the phone ;)

Can you not get KW to do anything Fred and surely they'd sell better anyway because of adjustable damping etc?

182, 6r GTi
il have a gander my main worry/prob was thinking that the bilsteins will be designed for stock weight cars? were as mines had a few bits removed would it not make the back end allot more tail happy, were as with the asts i could adjust the damping to suit, or swap the springs to suit the application.

i did think it was odd K-tec had the bilsteins when fred was developing them :/

Black Gold Trophy
that is very poor, their stuff is not exactly cheap either and could only be justified with great customer service!

I've got a set of their top mounts which I cannot fault apart from the nut that winds onto the damper shaft, it is so shallow you can barely get a socket on it.
Going to get some custom nuts made up by a local machinist soon.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
AST customer service is one of the worst I have ever experienced. We ordered top mounts in October last year. Took 5 months to get the parts in. Apparently they were in stock.

The nuts are s**t too.
We are now designing our own as we cannot sell pure motorsport ones as an alternative and sadly the quality of other brands is poor.