ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST people look in ...

Right i'm currently running the softer setup, neg 2 deg camber, 0 clicks front 5 rear and the back end never comes round at all...

I'm going back to have some 60 newton springs put in the rear and the 40s currently i have removed, just wandering if people think a 3rd stiffer will be too much ? Obviously i could lower the dampning...

Anyone with the stiffer setup ? can you get yours to oversteer.

Cheers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Personally, I'd get the front slightly softer. The backs end on mine is pretty spot on, but because the front fairly stiff the balance is very neutral. I wouldn't want the back stiffer, I think the ride would get pretty annoying day to day.

Yeah they go upto 15 but it gets seriously stiff and doesnt really change much from what i've found other than make it skip about a little.

Warren, even when i get a good turn in and let off it still doesnt come round so i don't see how softer front would help at al ?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
why do you want it to slide out? ive got the stiffer setup, and if poked with a very big stick the back will step out on track, but i prefer it not too lol

Because, if you go into a corner and it starts to understeer, then you used to be able to let off and the back would come round. Although the handling is awesome it has lost this charcateristic

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i let off and i the nose comes back in line but it does that without sliding the back end, another way to cure understeer is to turn less, when u start to understeer dont turn the wheel more in the direction you want to turn, back it off a little and you should gain back your grip

Yeah i see what your saying that's what i do, i just believe it could be improved with a slightly stiffer rear :)

Yeah at powerstation, booked in for next thursday at 1:30 as long as i can get it off work, you going to be around ?

Lionel Richie
i had to chuck warren's car about to get it sideways at oulton

the cup with the cup racer rear setup (about the grand total of 10mm of travel on the rear!) would be fine if you turn in normally and drove it smoothly, give it a bit of the old heave ho and it was sideways constantly

have a mess about with tyre pressures, go for 30psi hot all round, see how you go

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah at powerstation, booked in for next thursday at 1:30 as long as i can get it off work, you going to be around ?

ill pop up if you like, not to far away and always good for a bit of a natter, spend to much time there as it is tho, been twice this week trying to sort my car out back in tomorow for new tyres and to hopfully get everything how i want it

I don't want undriveable in the wet, and constantly twitching, just that if i let off mid corner it comes round lol

500 Twinair
Sorry to hijack the thread but is the ast suspension better than H&R etc.
Am very interested in the ASTs.

ITB'd MK1
Sorry to hijack the thread but is the ast suspension better than H&R etc.
Am very interested in the ASTs.

"better" is very subjective. H&R are ok (though Blistein are identical and cheaper by a significant amount)
i prefer AST. The damping IMO is fantastic, and i like the range of adjustments. H&R/Bilstein are only height adjustable, even have to buy camber bolts extra.

Mk2 172
I don't want undriveable in the wet, and constantly twitching, just that if i let off mid corner it comes round lol

Your welcome to drive mine too. I cant stand a lairy back end but thats a personal preference. You asked curtis??