ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

artic blue 182 detail

Inferno 225 cup
my 182 artic blue detail

not having my clio 182 long (a week) i decided to give the paintowrk a total go over by machine which was my first attemp and a was crapping it incase i messed up, but once i got into i loved every minute of it.

so from 7.30am this morning i set amongst giving my recently bought 182 a detail, the paintowrk had lights swirls and scratches all over and wasnt looking in a good state after a long period of time all swirls had gone aswel as a few odd light scratches but looked a 100x better.

so i took to my dads garage to carry out the follwing.

rinsed down

wheels and tyres done with auto finesse imperial

snow foamed with maxi suds 2 with a splash of cg orange degreaser

washed with lambs wool wash mit and maxi suds2 using 2bm

clayed all over using meguiars clay and lube

washed again exactly the same as step 3

towel dried using large plush drying towel

taken inside to tape up car and machine polish using megs : #83 and #80 on a selection of pads (first attemp of machine polishing)

then waxed all over using dodo blue velvet ( really good and easy wax to work with)

loved these two showing the reflection of conifers

my favourite pic

sorry for a pictures being messed up.

there is 2 photos which show light swirling (somewere in them)

hope you all like

comments welcom

Inferno 225 cup
Cheers russ.

Noticed other day when the good old sun was shining bright that you could see swirl marks still, what should or can use to get rid completely.

Jacob

Golf GT & A4 Avant
for your first few attempts you're never going to get rid of all the swirls, and chasing 100% correction is a big goal to set yourself. I've never managed more than 80% on a panel

depending on how bad they are maybe invest in a glaze or a filler heavy pre wax cleanser that should help hide them till you next decide to get out and polish again.