ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

arp bolts help!

clio 182
Hi guys, I've built a forged engine for my turbo build - I got megane pistons wth ZRP forged rods with arp 2000 bolts - when spinning over the crank the rod bolts are very very close to the oil pump - a mate of mine said his touched and he grinded off abit of the bolt to clear it, mine doesn't touch but I'm curious do the arp bolts expand under heat? As that may cause it to touch?Chad anyone had this or does anyone's else's rod bolts only just clear the oil pump! Advice would be appreciated!

I have taken the issue up with ZRP regarding this, but his build was the first reported issue apparently.

Looking at the pictures it was just catching the oil pump drive shaft, so that would mean you couldn't modify the oil pump.

It's his build, so if he's happy with it (and it's made good figures too) its up to him. I know it was very much a rushed build because of time.