ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are these needed??

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
My 172 cup came with gaz coilovers which i'm changing for oe shocks with sportline springs but i'm not sure if i need to fit the black rubber spring seat think 7700419475 pictured.

I can't remember seeing them fitted to others 1*2 shocks in any pics i have seen.
photo.jpg

any ideas?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
ive not got those on mine (cup shocks + sportlines). that looks like its seen better days anyway?

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I ordered all new front and rear spension parts listed for the 172 cup and thought i needed these too but now i'm not so sure.

they are new its just my crapy camera phone lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Unless they're the top mount rubber caps off the new style raised mounts. Not sure buddy. I know I need top mounts! Squeaking their tits off.

Mine just has shocks and springs sat against the metal cups/caps and the full rubber top mounts with bearings in them

Someone much more knowledgeable than me will clear it up for you on here mate.

172/1.2/E30
Rubber that sits in between the springs and mounting flanges. I'd fit them. You'll need two per strut on the front, one below and one above the spring.

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
renault only supplied me with one per shock?

they seem to be a for the bottom of the spring but just not sure what to do...

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
anyone else have any experience with these rubber spring seat things???

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
will leaving these out mean the spring they won't sit properly (causing it to rattle)?

i hope to fit these tomorrow so any would would be great

BG 182 FF
There not fitted as standard and the springs won't move around without them...

... but as you have them you may as well use them.

Dodgy one
Fit without, they're not there when it left the factory and the springs dont fit in the correct location with it in

ourboy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
right ok i think i'll leave them out, the spring does seem to fit and sit better when they are removed.

thanks people:approve: