ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Clio 200 Gordini's always CUP packed?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi,

Bought a car yesterday, haven't got it yet but the man told me it had the cup pack. Just want to know if he could possibly be fleecing me or not, the car drove superb so I don't think I'll say no but I just want a piece of mind tis' all.

Thanks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
From what I can see, the gordini was a styling model so it didn't come with the cup chassis. It was an option though, but a sure fire way to check is look for a blue and orange dot on the front springs through the wheels

Clio RS 200 Gordini
From what I can see, the gordini was a styling model so it didn't come with the cup chassis. It was an option though, but a sure fire way to check is look for a blue and orange dot on the front springs through the wheels

Have you got an example for me? I'm heading down in two hours to sign paperwork.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have you got an example for me? I'm heading down in two hours to sign paperwork.

Not of my car but a Quick google,
6774093746_aeffeca279_z.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Send me your registration number and I can tell you exactly what your car is specced with.

GTD, Lupo
So you're at a Renault dealership and you haven't asked them? :dapprove: Confused.

You have obviously never been a Renault dealership! Most don't know the difference between their arse and elbow! Fat chance they know if it has cup suspension or not. Best way is to check the springs, fronts have an orange and blue mark and the rears blue and purple marks.

Clio 197 F1
You have obviously never been a Renault dealership! Most don't know the difference between their arse and elbow! Fat chance they know if it has cup suspension or not. Best way is to check the springs, fronts have an orange and blue mark and the rears blue and purple marks.
Surely the REG vs their database should pull up specifications?
I know they're just people in suits spouting from a brochure but it can't be much harder than that surelllyyyyyyyy?

Definitely doesn't have CUP pack with the silver brembo's anyway, is it advertised as having it?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

This!

Most are clueless from what I've seen.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Surely the REG vs their database should pull up specifications?
I know they're just people in suits spouting from a brochure but it can't be much harder than that surelllyyyyyyyy?

Definitely doesn't have CUP pack with the silver brembo's anyway, is it advertised as having it?

I can't remember to be honest, I just assumed and you know the feeling when you fall in love with a car. I mentioned it handled really well on the roads better than my TCE with 90% of body roll gone and he said it was because it was a cup car.

I'll ask before I sign any documents and if it has been advertised as a cup I'll ask them to subtract the value of the cup pack from the vehicle price before I sign. I've already got £1000 @ £12,500 with 2% off the finance interest, so if I can get another £450 ish then I'll be laughing.

Clio 197 F1
I can't remember to be honest, I just assumed and you know the feeling when you fall in love with a car. I mentioned it handled really well on the roads better than my TCE with 90% of body roll gone and he said it was because it was a cup car.

I'll ask before I sign any documents and if it has been advertised as a cup I'll ask them to subtract the value of the cup pack from the vehicle price before I sign. I've already got £1000 @ £12,500 with 2% off the finance interest, so if I can get another £450 ish then I'll be laughing.
I'd be cheeky and ask for the full price of the cup pack taken off if it's advertised with, tasty set of coilover money right there.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Yours doesn't have the cup pack fitted to it.

Yeah no problem, they told me down there too.

On another note, obviously I want to get the best out of this car so are there any cheap modifications I can do for it to just reach it's maximum potential apart from a panel filter?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeah no problem, they told me down there too.

On another note, obviously I want to get the best out of this car so are there any cheap modifications I can do for it to just reach it's maximum potential apart from a panel filter?

There's not really any point in touching the engine as you have to spend a lot of money to extract any horsepower out of the thing. The best way to invest your money is in suspension, braking and tyre components. Although to be honest, they are already brilliant out of the box.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
On another note just as an example:

I'm 20 years of age, driving a 2.0l Gordini. You can imagine what insurance will be like. However, after much research, I managed to get the price down from £2,400 to...

Wait for it...

£1200.

How you ask? I have no-no claims, I've been in an accident and have a s**t driving history. Well, I found out that if you do not take a policy out on THE DAY and do it 3+ days in advance, they cut your policy in half. I'm pleased to say I am insured for £129 a month.

More petrol money ;)

Clio RS 200 Gordini
£1200 insurance?!?!

LOL

That's all my non-fuel motoring costs for 2 years

Think of my age though, taken in to account that is excellent for a 20 year old. I smashed my first 1.2 Mark 2 up but it was settled and was not my fault.

Listerine & Poledo
At your age I was quite content building up no claims in a diesel corsa, with no modzzzz and about 2hp.

People have different priorities though, I've never paid more than £800 a year, including my first year...and no, I wasn't just a named driver either.

Anyway, thats not the point, I like your Gordini :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
On another note just as an example:

I'm 20 years of age, driving a 2.0l Gordini. You can imagine what insurance will be like. However, after much research, I managed to get the price down from £2,400 to...

Wait for it...

£1200.

How you ask? I have no-no claims, I've been in an accident and have a s**t driving history. Well, I found out that if you do not take a policy out on THE DAY and do it 3+ days in advance, they cut your policy in half. I'm pleased to say I am insured for £129 a month.

More petrol money ;)

Thats awesome. I've never heard of that.

As said, don't bother with trying to extract power.

I believe cup dampers/springs can be retrofitted. So there may be room to improve the handling marginally.

Also, get some recaros in there :eek:

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Thats awesome. I've never heard of that.

As said, don't bother with trying to extract power.

I believe cup dampers/springs can be retrofitted. So there may be room to improve the handling marginally.

Also, get some recaros in there :eek:

I'll be saving for a Mortgage from now on and will need to save all the pennies I can. Also need to get my savings fund back up to where it was as I put a lump sum down today when I signed the documents. Modifications can wait, but I was hoping that small ones like a panel filter would be better for the car.

I think I've got more than enough for my age now! I was changing gear at 5k RPM on the test drive and the employee was telling me to go higher up the rev range, excellent power delivery but more than enough haha!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'll be saving for a Mortgage from now on and will need to save all the pennies I can. Also need to get my savings fund back up to where it was as I put a lump sum down today when I signed the documents. Modifications can wait, but I was hoping that small ones like a panel filter would be better for the car.

I think I've got more than enough for my age now! I was changing gear at 5k RPM on the test drive and the employee was telling me to go higher up the rev range, excellent power delivery but more than enough haha!

They only get fun after 5k :rasp:

Clio RS 200 Gordini
They only get fun after 5k :rasp:

I did take it to limiter, just before the beep and I felt it pull more and more as you went up the rev range. Beats a TCE where the higher you rev, the weaker it gets!

The employee was a proper lad, really nice guy, I know they work off commission but he was fairly honest with me and we had a good laugh. He told me to limit the s**t out of it and then decide if I want it or not. Got out of the car with a smile on my face, still couldn't say no though! What's the MPG like in one of these? Obviously I'll end up paying more but if It's like 15MPG then we denting in the wallet kind-of problem.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I did take it to limiter, just before the beep and I felt it pull more and more as you went up the rev range. Beats a TCE where the higher you rev, the weaker it gets!

The employee was a proper lad, really nice guy, I know they work off commission but he was fairly honest with me and we had a good laugh. He told me to limit the s**t out of it and then decide if I want it or not. Got out of the car with a smile on my face, still couldn't say no though! What's the MPG like in one of these? Obviously I'll end up paying more but if It's like 15MPG then we denting in the wallet kind-of problem.

Flol! Now is not the time to be doing your research!

between 24 and 32, it seems to vary from car to car. I'm almost constantly at 27.8 with 34 achievable on a steady motorway run and 14 when I kick it's teeth in for the best part of 12 hours