ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are 182 xenons plug & play on the trophy?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Aslong as you have all the ballasts and starters mate, then yes they are.

Trophy #392
The ballast would normally come with the headlight unit though right? Do you know if 172 headlights are exactly the same units?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I dont know how true this is but i have been told that if you have ABS the wiring loom is there for the headlights and its plug and play.

The headlight wiring is ment to be in the ABS wiring or so i have been told but i will take that with a pinch of salt

If they're 182 xenons yes. If they're 172 xenons yes, but you can't plug the motors in. I just left mine unplugged.

Clio 182 Trophy
Zenons by law must be self leveling and be fitted with a washer system see all 182's fitted with them. So you could end up failing your MOT if you fit them most garages dont know this or decide to ignore it (the one i use does) but dont sell/throw your standard lights away as you might need them for the MOT. They are plug and play other than this.

Yeah as above, keep your standard lights for MOT time, but don't let the legalities of xenons put you off :)

Trophy #392
The previous owner has plumbed in washer jets but he said something about he couldn't get the pump sorted. I think I will still get them anyway if they ain't to expensive...